The best ever pumpkin pancakes recipe for breakfast and brunch. These pumpkin pancakes are fluffy and full of delicious flavors, and are ready in no time!
This season calls for all pumpkin recipes. From crustless pumpkin pie to pumpkin bread pudding to pumpkin banana bread, this fall favorite has been shining through our recipes for quite some time now. These easy pumpkin pancakes however, are one of my absolute favorites because they come with a Persian twist!
As I'm all about pumpkin during fall, I would love to show you how to make pumpkin pancakes, so easy and delicious that you'll want to make them every day !
Super easy pumpkin pancakes recipe, perfect for fall!
These pumpkin pancakes are very easy to make and what I love about them is the addition of cardamom and rose water that gives them a Persian twist. They are fluffy, and taste like fall!
These pancakes are a great alternative to the usual buttermilk pancakes and they are very moist and fluffy thanks to the pumpkin.
What do I need to make pumpkin pancakes?
For this easy pumpkin pancake recipe you need the basic pancake ingredients such as eggs, flour, sugar and milk. Then there are extra ingredients to make the pancakes more delicious:
- Pumpkin puree
- Rose water
How do you make pumpkin pancakes from scratch?
Start with mixing egg and sugar then add rose water and pumpkin puree. Once they're completely mixed, add in milk, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and cardamom and mix until no big lumps are visible. Make sure not to over mix the batter, a little bit of lump is totally fine.
Start pouring ¼ cup batter into the non stick pan that's been heating over medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Once ready, top with nuts and syrup.
These homemade pumpkin pancakes have a Persian touch to them by adding a little bit of rose water. In Farsi we call pumpkin pancakes KAKA. They are very common in the north of Iran and are usually topped with walnuts and pistachios.
Once you learn how to make pumpkin pancakes, you can adjust them to your taste, add spices beyond cinnamon such as all spice, cardamom or ground ginger, serve them with honey, maple syrup or some apple butter and top with wit tons and tons of nuts!
Noted and tips to make these pumpkin pancakes recipe:
- Canned pumpkin puree is preferred to fresh pumpkin puree in this recipe for more color and better texture.
- You can use either whole milk or non fat milk to make these pumpkin spice pancakes.
- For more fall-themed flavors, add nutmeg and ginger to the batter.
- You can freeze these pumpkin pancakes and reheat them in the microwave or oven.
- Don't over mix the batter. It's ok to have some lumps in the batter.
Now that we're trying to squeeze pumpkin in every meal and dessert, I think we all need to know how to make pumpkin pancakes for fall mornings. I can totally see myself having these for breakfast, then some delicious pumpkin posole for lunch and this gorgeous pumpkin soup for dinner.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
Persian Pumpkin Pancakes - KAKA
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup White Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Rose Water
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree not pie filling
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- Mix egg and sugar until fully combined.
- Add rosewater and pumpkin puree and mix well
- Add milk and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, cardamom and cinnamon, mix until well combined with no lumps.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, pour ¼ cup of the batter for each pancake, cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Top with powdered sugar and chopped walnuts and pistachios to serve.