Celebrate fall with this Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal that is easy and healthy. You can make it on the stove or in the microwave, and adding the almonds will give it a great crunch!
Update: This recipe was originally published on September 5th, 2016.
There. My first pumpkin recipe of 2016!
There are two types of people out there: People who are all about apples and people who are all about pumpkin. Me, I’m in both groups! After all, I live for food, how can I not like something?
After seeing all the delicious pumpkin recipes around ( look at this delicious one!) I knew I needed to have a tasty pumpkin recipe here on Unicorns in the Kitchen and that’s how this healthy pumpkin spice oatmeal was made. Because who doesn’t like to have something dessert flavored for breakfast?
This pumpkin spice oatmeal is a delicious breakfast that you can make quickly in the morning or for more convenience, overnight. It requires very few ingredients that you probably have in your pantry now. I love to use almond milk for this recipe because it makes really creamy oatmeal. I also top it with chopped or whole almonds, the crunch is so good!
“This Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal is like dessert for breakfast!”
- The recipe requires 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. You can always add more if you like. If pumpkin pie spice is not available, use a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and all spice.
- Quick oats cook very fast. If you’re using old fashioned oats, let it cook for longer until soft.
- You can mix all the ingredients in a container and store in the fridge overnight. Heat later using a microwave or stove top.
- You can substitute peanut butter and peanuts (or any other nut and nut butter) for almond butter and almonds.
- You can use molasses or any other sweetener instead of maple syrup if desired.
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
- The Best Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
- The Best Healthy Pumpkin Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Pie Brownies
- Healthy Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal
- 1 cup Quick Oatmeal
- 1 cup Almond Milk Unsweetend
- 1/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon Chopped Almonds
- 1 tablespoon Almond Butter
- 3 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Chia Seeds
- 2 tsp Flax Seeds
Mix quick oatmeal and almond milk in a sauce pan.
Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until fully cooked.
Add pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice , chopped almonds, almond butter and 2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
Pour cooked oatmeal in two bowls and top with whole almonds, chia seeds, flax seeds and one tablespoon maple syrup.
You can use peanut butter and peanuts instead of almond butter and almonds.
You can combine all the ingredients and store in the fridge overnight. Then microwave in the morning (1 to 1:30 minutes) or heat on the stove.