Make your mornings bright and tasty with this Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake that is full of fall flavors. It has the flavors of an apple pie with the texture of French toast!
I’ve got a plan.
And it involves you. I’m planning to shower you with pumpkin and apple recipes because it’s fall!
I know everyone is all about getting their PSL fix, I am too. But, hey, it’s apple season too and it’s my ultimate responsibility as a food blogger to get into the kitchen and make amazing apple recipes and share them with you along with all the pumpkin goodness. If you are in love with everything apple in fall, you will love this amazing Apple Pie Cinnamon Swirl Bread!
I love the apple cinnamon combo so much I actually have candles with the same scent laying around our place. Because what says “fall is here, take a good book, a blanket and a cup of tea” more than the smell of freshly baked apple cinnamon bread pudding?
You can also call this ooey gooey flavorful breakfast many things: apple pie bread pudding, apple cinnamon breakfast casserole, apple pie French toast, etc. but whatever you call it, it’s going to taste amazing. So, trust me when I say if you’re going to make this, it’s better to make it for the weekend, with a light blanket and a good book at hand, because that’s how weekend mornings should be spent.
Notes and tips to make this apple pie French toast:
- Use any kind of bread you prefer. My favorites are challah, brioche and baguette.
- Before baking, let the apple cinnamon French toast stay in the fridge for 8 hours. This will help the bread slices to absorb the milk and egg mixture.
- My favorite apples to use for this recipe is granny smith because of a little bit of tartness flavor. Any kind of apple would perfectly work for this recipe.
- You can serve this apple cinnamon French toast bake with maple syrup.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container and heat before serving.
May all your days be dreamy and full of delicious food!
Looking for more delicious breakfast and brunch recipes?
- Apple Pie Crepes
- Baked French Toast with Berry Compote
- Churro Waffles
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Waffles
Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- 15-20 slices Day-old Bread I used baguette
- 5 Eggs
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cup Milk Any kind would work
Apple Cinnamon Filling
- 2 Granny Smith Apples Cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Coat the bottom of an oven safe dish (an 8x8 would work perfectly) with non stick spray. Place the bread slices standing next to each other in rows, leaving a little bit of space between them.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar until fully incorporated. Add in milk and whisk well.
Pour the eggs and milk mixture on the bread slices. Set aside.
In another bowl, stir apple pieces, sugar and cinnamon. Place the apple pieces between bread slices. Press down the apple pieces to fit more in.
Cover the dish with a plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for 8 hours or overnight.
After 8 hours, take the dish out of the fridge and place it on the counter. Preheat the oven to 350F. Once the oven is hot, place the dish in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the bread slices are golden brown on top and the apple pieces are softer.
Top with powdered sugar and serve warm.