These Apple Pie Crepes are the perfect start to a beautiful day. You will love these light and lacy crepes filled with delicious apples and crispy walnuts!
How's your day going?
I'm not going to lie to you. My days are going quite slow, things that happened in the last two to three months had a way deeper impact than I expected and now I'm trying to mend what's broken but it's not easy.
Have you ever felt like something is just not happening? That's how I feel now.
Even though spring is here, things still feel gray and gloomy. Thankfully I have Kyle by my side to share these days with; all I can do now is just to be strong and try to fix what's been broken.
As I'm trying to pick myself up again and get back to cooking and baking for the blog again, I'm also publishing the older recipes that I made before. Today I have apple pie crepes for you, I know you will like this recipe.
Crepes are one of our favorite breakfasts for many reasons. First, they're fancy without taking too much time. Second, my baba knows how to flip a crepe. And the most important reason: you can use any fillings! just how I like a recipe, making it the way you like it!
Here we have apple pie crepes which - yes, you guessed it - are filled with homemade apple pie filling. Delicious crisp apples are cooked in very little water with cinnamon and then mixed with raisins and walnuts. Honestly, I could have the filling just with a spoon, it's that good.
The crepes are also light and nice. It's so easy to make crepes. Don't look for perfection. None of us are perfect and neither are our crepes. Just enjoy the process of making these delicious apple pie crepes and think about the good days as I do.
I'm sure good days will come very soon.
Apple Pie Crepes
Apple Pie filling:
- 3 apples granny smith or McIntosh
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 ⅓ cup milk I used non fat but whole fat would work too
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter to grease the pan
Apple Pie Filling:
- Peel the apples and thinly slice them. Place the sliced apples in a pot and add brown sugar, water, cinnamon, lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook the apples until water is all evaporated and the apples are soft. Add in the walnuts. Turn the heat off, set aside.
- Whisk eggs,milk and vanilla for about 2 minutes.
- Add in vegetable oil and granulated sugar. Whisk for another 2 minutes.
- Add in flour and ground cinnamon. Mix until incorporated.
- Grease a non stick pan with a little butter and place it over medium heat. Scoop almost ⅓ cup of the batter into the pan and tilt the pan around so the batter covers the bottom of the pan. Cook for a minute and then flip. The crepes are ready once they are golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Top each crepe with 2 - 3 tablespoons of the apple pie filling and then fold. If desired, add more maple syrup.
Made it today and it turns out soo good . My daughter loves it .
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
The apple pie filling looks delicious!