Spice up your curry game with this turkey meatball curry. Juicy meatballs cooked in a flavorful curry and served with homemade white rice.
Easy and quick dinner recipes are what we all love and today we have this meatball curry. Check out our Chicken and Veggie Rice Bowl and Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps as well, they're perfect for evenings that you want to whip up something quick!
Easy curry meatball recipe
This recipe for Indian style meatball curry is great because it's s simple, easy and tastes so good! You can make a big batch and have it during the week (yay meal prep meatball curry!). It's s versatile because you can use any vegetables you fancy and it's going to be delicious.
These curry flavored meatballs are tender and flavored with garlic and ginger. They're juicy and melt in your mouth yet they keep their shape while cooking in the curry. If you're looking for a new comfort food, this is it.
Meatball curry ingredients
The best thing about this meatball curry is that the ingredients are easy and simple to find. You need ground turkey, garlic, ginger, Indian mild curry paste, coconut milk and some vegetables, here I used zucchini but you can use other vegetables as well.
The flavors in this meatball curry recipe get together so well and make a delicious combination. The warm spices in the curry compliment the meatballs and the coconut milk makes this curry so creamy and comforting. It's the perfect dish when you want to have an easy evening.
How to make meatballs curry
There are only two steps in making this homemade meatball curry:
- Make the meatballs: Mix the ground turkey, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper, the egg and flour in a bowl. Using a scoop, make he meatballs and then cook them in batches. I like using olive oil to cook the meatballs but you can also use coconut oil or vegetable oil.
- Make the curry: This is the base for this recipe and all the flavors are gathered there. Saute onion until it's golden brown and then add the garlic and ginger. Cook for only a minute (garlic and ginger burn quickly). Add in the curry paste (you can use store bought or and stir well. Pour in the coconut milk and water and bring it to simmer. Add in the zucchinis and meatballs and cook over medium heat until the zucchinis are cooked to your desire. I like them being a little chunky so I usually cook them for only 7-10 minutes.
Can I bake the meatballs?
Yes, you can also bake these meatballs. Preheat the oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make and shape the meatballs an instructed and place them on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes until they're fully cooked.
Want to jazz things up in this turkey meatball curry?
It's so easy to add and use other ingredients in this Indian inspired curry:
- You can use ground chicken instead of ground turkey.
- Add other vegetables such as potatoes, carrots or green peas.
- Serve with bread or Persian style rice to make it into a full meal.
Turkey Meatball Curry
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 2 tablespoon curry paste Less if you don't want it spicy
- 15 oz coconut milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 zucchinis cut into small chunks
- Mix the ground turkey, salt, pepper, garlic, ginger, the egg and flour in a bowl until fully combined.
- Using a scoop, make the meatballs.
- Heat one tablespoon olive oil in a pan and sear a batch of meatballs until fully cooked, move them around to make sure they're cooked on all sides. Transfer them to a plate and cook the rest. Set the cooked turkey meatballs aside.
- In the same pan, heat olive oil and fry the chopped onion until golden brown. Add in minced garlic and ginger and cook for a minute.
- Add in the curry paste and saute for a minute until the aromas are out.
- Add in coconut milk and fill the can with water to half, add water into the pan too and stir well. Bring to simmer, turn the heat down and let it simmer.
- Add in the zucchinis and turkey meatballs. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until zucchinis are half tender and the sauce is thick.
- Serve with homemade white rice.