Make these Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps to enjoy a light meal with some heat and cool it down with a refreshing avocado cabbage topping!
I’ve got a lot to talk about!
Where was I for a week? Well, Seattle, Salt Lake City and now Minneapolis. After that? Ithaca and, well, I’ll tell you later where we are going to be after that.
I was at a food bloggers’ conference and, oh my God, I really enjoyed! The weather though, oh well, it poured in the morning and then was sunny in the afternoon. I’m still in a springtime mood but haven’t enjoyed enough flowers and green space yet. I can’t wait to get back to Ithaca, it’s going to be really beautiful there and hopefully not super hot – because when it gets too hot, I just can’t eat a lot and I love eating so my life is going to be very complicated!
For those days that I want a wrap but don’t want to eat a heavy meal (no offence to the burrito, you’re still one of my favorites, especially if you are authentically Mexican), I go with a lettuce wrap which makes the meal lighter and perfect for hot summer days.
For these sriracha lime shrimp lettuce wraps I heated lime juice and sriracha first then sauteed the shrimps in it for some minutes until just cooked. I prefer jumbo shrimps as they are bigger but you can use other types too if you have a favorite. You can also adjust the sriracha to your own taste: my suggestion is to start with 1 teaspoon and add more gradually until you reach the desired heat. Then, to give it a fresh kick, I topped the wraps with avocado, red cabbage and onion. The whole meal comes together in 20 minutes. Isn’t that just awesome?
After eating so much at the conference and not being able to cook in a kitchen (we are staying in hotels until we get to Ithaca) I can’t wait to have a big bite of these sriracha lime shrimp lettuce wraps and lie on the couch and watch my favorite TV show. Or maybe I will do that later – for now, I’m going to chase my dreams!
Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- 16 jumbo shrimps
- 1 Avocado cubed
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/3 red cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, cornstarch and sriracha. Pour the mixture in a pan and place the pan over medium heat until the mixture is warm and starts simmering.
- Add in jumbo shrimps and cook for 5-8 minutes until fully cooked. Stir constantly so all the shrimps are covers with the sauce.
- As the shrimp is being cooked, mix cubed avocado, chopped onion, sliced red cabbage, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Place 4 shrimps in each lettuce leaf and top with avocado red cabbage topping.