This is the best shrimp avocado salad you will ever try. Delicious juicy shrimps mixed with fresh greens and soft avocados with a drizzle of a terrific sauce make the perfect salad! And the best part? It's ready in 20 minutes!
I'll take a giant plate of salad any day of the week. Some of our favorite salads are Mediterranean salad, Greek chickpea salad and Fattoush salad which we have on a weekly basis. If we have shrimp at hand, I would either make some shrimp pasta salad or this shrimp avocado salad.
Table Of Contents:
Why this recipe works
This is one of our favorite ways to serve shrimp and we have a few good reasons for it:
- It's quick: It takes 20 minutes from start to finish to make this salad.
- Healthy: Veggies and shrimp, a healthy combination that's not only delicious, but is also good for you.
- Flavors: Every item on this salad is packed with flavor, and the zesty dressing brings it all together in the most perfect way possible.
- Shrimp: It's best to get frozen raw shrimp, thaw and cook it at home.
- Avocados: Make sure your avocados are ripe but not mushy. Hass avocados work best for this recipe.
- Red onion and olives: These add nice pungent flavors to the salad.
- Spring mix: We use this as the base for the salad. You can also use a mix of romaine lettuce and baby spinach.
Thaw the shrimp if needed and pat dry them completely using a paper towel. Heat some olive oil in a pan over medium heat and cook the shrimp until opaque and firm. This would take about 3 to 5 minutes. Make sure not to overcook the shrimp otherwise it'll become rubbery.
Fill a plate or a bowl with spring mix greens and top with thinly sliced onions, sliced avocados, lemon, walnuts, cranberries and olives. Add the shrimp to the salad, pour the dressing over the salad and serve.
This salad can be light lunch or dinner on its own but you can also serve it as an appetizer or side with dishes such as pan seared halibut, cod with shallots and fennel or salmon patties for a seafood feast!
Frequently asked questions
This shrimp avocado salad is best served fresh. However, you can plate the greens, red onion, walnuts, cranberries and lemon a few hours ahead of time and add the cooked shrimp, avocado and the dressing to the salad right before serving.
You can also grill the shrimp for this recipe. To grill the shrimp, thread them on skewers and grill for about 5 minutes. You can also bake them at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes or until pink and cooked through.
You can use any kind of salad greens such as arugula, ice burg or romaine lettuce. You can also use combination of greens such as lettuce, baby spinach and herbs.
Walnut adds a nice crunch to the salad and the flavor goes very well with the shrimp. However, you can simply leave it out.
More shrimp recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
The Best Shrimp Avocado Salad
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20-25 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4-6 cups spring mix
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ red onion sliced
- 2 avocados
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup green olives sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon herb de provence
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat. Saute shrimps until light pink, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- In a large platter, spread the spring mix and top with cooked shrimps, walnuts, dried cranberries and sliced red onion.
- Cut the avocados in half, take the pit out and slice each half. Place the avocado in the platter on the salad.
- Slice the lemon into half moons and add it to the salad.
- Finally, add sliced pitted olives.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, add salt to taste if needed.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and serve.
I made this for lunch and it was delicious!
My family loved this wonderful salad! I will be making it again soon.
The dressing really paired well with the shrimp! Loved it!
This salad was so light and fresh and perfect for summer! I loved the dressing too. Delicious!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
Beautiful bowl of salad! Love the greens!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons
This looks perfect for summer!
Thank you so much! <3
Baker by Nature
This salad is gorgeous!!!
Thank you so much! <3