Baked shrimp is one of the easiest recipes out there. Turn it into a delicious meal using Moroccan chermoula marinade and serve with dill rice.
We make so many recipes using shrimp. From delicious spicy shrimp tacos to creamy shrimp pasta salad and lemon ginger shrimp orzo. I love how shrimp is so easy to flavor and can be served with so many different sides.
This post is sponsored by Wild Garden. All opinions are mine.
Baked shrimp in Moroccan Chermoula Marinade
This baked shrimp recipe uses Wild Garden’s Moroccan Chermoula marinade which is a flavor-infused North African herb sauce/marinade made with coriander, cilantro, red chili, and garlic with a hint of lemon. It’s an easy recipe that requires minimal work resulting in maximum flavor.
Baking shrimp is my favorite way to cook shrimp because it’s so simple and easy to do. The shrimp won’t overcook so it won’t be rubbery at all. It absorbs all the flavors and seasoning and will taste amazing.
How to bake shrimp in the oven
To make baked shrimp with chermoula sauce you need the following ingredients:
- Shrimp: It’s best to use raw, deveined and peeled shrimp. You can leave the tail on or take it off as well.
- Onion: A bed of sliced onion is perfect for this dish.
- Chermoula sauce: this sauce gives so much flavor to the shrimps and onions. And since the sauce contains sunflower oil, there is no need for melted butter.
Pat dry the shrimp using paper towels and place them in a bowl.
Pour chermoula marinade over the shrimp and mix using a spoon. Cover and marinate for about 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 450F and thinly slice the onion. Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet or a baking sheet with non stick spray and spread the onion slices. Place the shrimp and marinade in one single layer on the onions. Place some small peppers around the shrimp.
Bake marinated shrimp and vegetables in the oven for until shrimp is pink and onions are cooked. Turn on the broiler for about a minute to roast the peppers. Top the shrimp with some chopped parsley and serve.
This is an easy baked shrimp recipe that comes together in no time and makes a perfect dinner for kids and adults. The subtle spicy flavor and all the herbs in chermoula sauce makes this dish unique and delicious.
How long do you bake shrimp in the oven
Shrimp cooks pretty quickly, so at 450F it will bake in less than ten minutes. I like the onions and peppers to have a little bite to them but if you like them fully cooked, first bake the onion and peppers in the skillet for 10 minutes at 450F and then add the shrimp and bake for about 7-8 minutes.
Can you bake frozen shrimp
You always need to have fully thawed shrimp because it absorbs the marinade and cooks better. Frozen shrimp may not cook evenly or it might stay raw in the middle, so always cook with thawed shrimp.
How to thaw frozen shrimp
You can thaw frozen shrimp in the fridge overnight in an airtight container. You can also place the frozen shrimp in a colander and run cold water through it until fully thawed. Don’t thaw shrimp in the microwave since it might cook accidentally.
What to serve with oven baked shrimp
This baked shrimp dish comes with delicious onions and peppers and I think it pairs perfectly with Wild Garden Dill and Fava Bean Rice Pilaf. This is actually a traditional Persian dish called Shivid Polo and it’s the best side dish for seafood because of its authentic and earthy flavors. The fava beans are a great addition to this simple yet tasty rice dish.
This easy baked shrimp recipe with dill and fava bean rice is so quick and easy, yet it’s packed with flavor thanks to chermoula marinade. You won’t believe how something this tasty and delicious comes together in less than 45 minutes!
Baked Shrimp in Chermoula Sauce
- 24 jumbo Shrimp Thawed
- 1 pack Wild Garden Chermoula Sauce
- 1 large onion sliced
- 6 small yellow peppers
- 2 packs Wild Gardeb Dill and Fava Bean Rice
- Pat dry the shrimp using paper towels.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the shrimp with chermoula sauce and cover with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate and marinade for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven for 450F. Coat the bottom of a cast iron skillet or or baking sheet with non stick spray.
- Spread the onion slices in the pan and top with marinated shrimp and chermoula sauce.
- Place the peppers in the pan around the shrimp.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until shrimp is pink and onions are almost cooked.
- Broil for one minute to roast the peppers.
- Serve with dill and fava bean rice.
- Always use thawed shrimp. To thaw frozen shrimp, place the frozen shrimp in a colander and run cold water through it until fully thawed. Do not microwave.