As is obvious from the photos, this post was originally sponsored by Collective Bias, Inc. / Inmar and its advertiser (Mazola). All opinions are mine alone. #MakeItMazola #simpleswap #CollectiveBias
Why is this Korean beef lettuce wrap recipe a winner?
Ground beef lettuce wraps are a perfect recipe for weeknights because they're simple, easy and can be made in less than twenty minutes. Use this Korean beef recipe for a quick meal that everyone loves. If you love our Korean beef and rice and Korean beef nachos, you're going to devour these ground beef lettuce wraps made with Korean flavors. I'm all for simple recipes that are tasty and quick, and this delicious ground beef recipe is no exception. Note that this Korean beef recipe features lettuce instead of white rice, which can have health benefits.
Start with sautéing onions, garlic and ginger then brown the ground beef in the same pan. Add in brown sugar and low sodium soy sauce and once every ingredient is completely combined, turn the heat off and fill lettuce leaves with Korean ground beef and top with sesame seeds. I use low sodium soy sauce, rather than regular soy sauce, to make it a little healthier.
What kind of lettuce should I use?
I love using butter lettuce because it's large enough to be handled and it's easy to roll. You can also use iceberg lettuce but it's a bit crisper so it's possible that it might break while wrapping.
We usually have these Asian beef lettuce wraps as a meal for dinner or a light lunch but if you're serving them as a part of a larger meal, you can serve them with honey sesame chicken, shrimp noodle salad or honey sriracha meatballs. Trust me, these lettuce wraps would go perfectly with just about any Asian-inspired dishes you have in mind.
These delicious ground beef lettuce wraps are also great appetizer for parties and gatherings. Lettuce wraps are always a favorite because they're so versatile, easy and light. Kids and adults both love them, so you could call them a family favorite.
Notes and tips for this Korean ground beef recipe
- This recipe calls for one diced onion but you can add more if needed. Onion gives a great flavor to the ground beef and pairs very well with minced garlic and ginger.
- You can add different vegetables such as broccoli, green onion, water chestnuts or mushrooms.
- Try to use lean ground beef, rather than high fat beef. The leaner the beef, the tastier the lettuce wraps.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days.
Easy Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps
- 4 tablespoon Mazola Corn Oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- ⅓ cup soy sauce low sodium
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 8 butter lettuce leaves
- Heat Mazola corn oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until olden brown. Add in garlic and ginger and stir well.
- Add ground beef and brown it completely.
- Add in soy sauce and brown sugar. Cook for another 2 minutes until the flavors are combined.
- Top the lettuce leaves with Korean ground beef and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- You can add other vegetables such as carrots, broccoli and water chestnuts to this recipe.