Spicy shrimp tacos with avocado mango salsa make a delicious weeknight dinner. The shrimps are flavored with a spicy marinade and are served with a sweet and savory salsa for balance.
If you love shrimp recipes as much as I do, you're going to love these shrimp tacos. I love cooking with shrimps, some of our favorites are creamy shrimp pasta salad, shrimp cakes, and lemon ginger shrimp orzo.
This post is sponsored by El Yucateco. All opinions are mine.
Why this spicy shrimp tacos recipe works
These tacos are one of the easiest recipes you've ever tried. All you need to do is to marinate some shrimps and make a delicious avocado mango salsa to go with it. It's perfect for tailgating and game days, and of course, taco Tuesdays!
Spicy shrimp tacos come together in such short time and are perfect for family dinners. You can easily modify the recipe to feed a crowd. Trust me, everyone needs some spicy shrimp tacos!
What do I need to make spicy shrimp tacos with mango salsa?
First of all, you need some good shrimps. I used frozen raw large shrimps that were peeled and deveined. The size is great for tacos and they're meaty. You can also use fresh shrimps but I prefer frozen because they are a) cheaper and b) already peeled, which makes my job easier.
Other ingredients you need to make these easy shrimp tacos are:
- Olive oil
- Spices such as cumin and paprika
- El Yucateco Caribbean hot sauce
And for the avocado mango salsa you need:
Spicy shrimp tacos marinade
To make the best ever spicy shrimp marinade, mix garlic, cilantro, olive oil, spices and El Yucateco hot sauce in a bowl and marinate the shrimps for about twenty minutes. Once the shrimp is marinated, cook them in a skillet and serve immediately with warm tortillas and mango salsa. This juicy shrimp taco recipe is a keeper and we keep making it over and over again.
What to serve with spicy shrimp tacos
These shrimp tacos are so good on their own but they're also great with side dishes such as tomato rice and pomegranate guacamole. These tacos are very flavorful and every bite is an explosion of spicy, sweet and tangy flavors. You will probably keep craving more tacos, which is a good thing, right?
Notes and tips for making shrimp tacos
- To thaw frozen shrimps place them in a colander and submerge in cold water for about fifteen to twenty minutes. Do not use hot water as the shrimps will cook.
- To make grilled spicy shrimp tacos, turn the grill on while the shrimps are marinating. Once the grill is ready, thread the shrimps on skewers and cook them on the grill about 3 minutes on each side until they are completely cooked.
- This recipe makes about four to five tacos. To make shrimps tacos for a crowd, simply double or triple the recipe.
- You can add different fixings to these spicy shrimp tacos such as slaw, cheese or lettuce.
- Make sure not to over cook the shrimps. They need about a minute to cook perfectly.
Spicy Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 20-25 large shrimps peeled, deveined and thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp El Yucateco Carribbean hot sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 lime juice of
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 2 tomatoes
- 5 tortillas
- In a bowl, mix shrimps, olive oil, El Yucateco hot sauce, garlic, cilantro, cumin, paprika, salt and lime. Marinate for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado, tomato and mango and put them in a larger bowl, season with salt, pepper and lime. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and once it's hot, cook the shrimp.
- Fill the tortillas with shrimp and avocado mango salsa. Serve immediately.