Homemade Pita Chips Recipe
This Pita Chips Recipe is a keeper! Make crispy and delicious pita chips at your home with just a few ingredients in less than twenty minutes. They're perfect with any dips or just as a healthy snack.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Pita bread
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil Extra Virgin
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Sumac optional
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Brush the pitas on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle salt and sumac on both sides.
Cut the pitas into wedges using a pizza cutter or a sharp knife.
Place the pita pieces on the baking sheet and bake for eight to ten minutes until they're golden brown.
Serve with dips such as hummus or mast o khiar.
- Fried pita chips: Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat. Cut the pita into pieces and fry in small batches until golden and crispy.
- Storage: Keep the pita bread in a sealed bag for up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Variations: You can make pita chips with just salt, or add other spices such as sumac, zaatar, turmeric, paprika, garlic, oregano or cayenne pepper.
- Serving suggestions: Serve pita chips with dips such as hummus, baba ganoush, muhammara, labneh, tzatziki or baked feta.
Calories: 278kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 882mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 1mg