Apple Cranberry Almond Crisp is great for chill evenings. Tart apples and juicy cranberries bring together the perfect texture and flavor. This dish gets better with every bite!
Nothing beats a delicious and easy dessert during holidays!
It's snowing here in Boston, so I guess we can say that winter is right around the corner. I love this time of year: everything is holiday themed and all I want it so cozy up on the couch with a cup of mulled cranberry apple cider or this warm and cozy apple cranberry almond crisp and my favorite book or TV show (Gilmore Girls now, I'm so behind)! Looking out of the window as snow flakes dance in the air makes me think how wonderful it is that I get to see another holiday season!
So how do you like crisps? They are one of my favorite desserts for two reasons:
- They're healthier than other desserts (I still love cakes and cookies)
- They don't need many ingredients or hours of work. Chop, toss, cover, voila!
My favorite crisp is apple crisp and for holidays I added some cranberries to it too and I love how cranberries pop in my mouth with each spoonful of crisp. For the topping, to stay on the healthier and low-carb side, I used oatmeal and Bob's Red Mill Organic Almond Flour which is made from whole blanched sweet almonds and gluten-free to give it a good touch of almond flavor and a nice texture.
I used a 9-inch cast iron skillet for this apple cranberry almond crisp but you can use any oven-safe dish or even a cake pan. I just love cast iron skillet because they keep the heat very well and, honestly, they look good in photos!
You can add sugar to suit your tastes. I prefer ours to be a combination of tart and sweet so I don't add too much sugar.
This apple cranberry almond crisp is also really good for the times that you want to have dessert but you don't want to have anything heavy. This is also my go-to dessert for the times I have unexpected guests. You can even prepare it ahead of time and bake it later as it keeps its shape and flavor really well.
I hope your holidays are full of happiness, fun and fantastic flavors like this apple cranberry almond crisp!
You can also get a Bob's Red Mill coupon here!
Apple Cranberry Almond Crisp
- 6 apples I used granny smith chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup cranberries
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ Bob's Redmill Almond flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon unsalted butter room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9 inch cast iron skillet with non stick spray.
- Mix apples, cranberries, brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon in the cast iron skillet.
- Mix all the topping ingredients together. Spread on the crisp.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until apples are cooked through.
- Serve warm.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.