Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies will cure all your chocolate cravings in one bite. These double chocolate cookies are crispy on the edges and very chewy on the inside with big chocolate chunks in every bite!
Are you a cookie lover? Then you probably have checked out our chocolate chip cookie cups, peanut butter oatmeal raisin cookies and easy molasses cookies. These chewy double chocolate cookies are to die for!
Chewy double chocolate cookies for the chocolate lover
These double chocolate chip cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream! They are:
- Crispy on the edges and chewy on the inside.
- There are chocolate chips and chocolate chunks in each and every bite!
- These double chocolate cookies have the perfect balance of sweet and bitter sweet.
How to make double chocolate chip cookies
Preheat the oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt chocolate chips and butter in a bowl over simmering water or in the microwave and stir constantly. Once melted, let it cool for five minutes.
In a large bowl, mix eggs and granulated sugar, add melted chocolate and butter to the mixture and mix until well incorporated. Add in flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well until well combined. Scoop out the double chocolate cookie dough onto prepare baking sheets and top with chocolate chunks. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
This dough doesn’t need to be refrigerated but you can make it ahead of time and chill the dough for one hour before baking.
Can I add chocolate chips to the batter? Absolutely, right before scooping out the cookie dough, add 1/2 cup chocolate chips to the cookie dough and stir using a spatula.
How to store chewy chocolate cookie
Make sure the double chocolate cookies are completely cooled. Place them in a an airtight container and store for up to three days. You can also freeze chocolate cookie by placing them in a ziploc bag in one single layer and freeze for up to two months. To thaw, place the double chocolate cookies on a baking sheet and thaw at room temperature.
Notes and tips to bake these chewy double chocolate cookies:
- These cookies don’t need to chill in the fridge but you can make the cookie dough ahead of time and once you’re ready to bake them, preheat the oven to 325 F, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and bring the cookie dough out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature, then proceed with the recipe.
- You can use chocolate chips instead of chocolate chunks. In that case, use normal size chocolate chips and not minis. Read on Serious Eats about the best chocolate chips for cookies!
- Make sure you use a good quality cocoa powder as it will affect the flavor and texture of the cookies directly.
- These cookies will spread in the oven a bit so make sure to leave two inches between each cookie on the baking sheet.
- Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature before you start making these chocolate cookies.
More Delicious Recipes:
Chocolate cookie are perfect for any day
I’m going to be honest with you, February 2017 is not going to be my favorite month. It’s going to be packed with stress, waiting to know the unknown. In a nutshell, it’s going to be the month that will reveal the fate of a particular part of my family life.
And I’m ready for it. Whatever happens, whether it’s the fate that I’ve been longing for, or the complete opposite, we are ready for it. But I have hope, because I know that when you have hope, good will find you – one way or another.
Having hope doesn’t mean that I’m calm. No, I’m not calm, there is a tornado in my stomach every.single.minute. I think many of you have been through such conditions and if you have, let me know how you went through it. Me? I try to bake as much as possible because it’s just therapy.
The smell of cookies makes me so calm and peaceful, it takes me out of this world and places me somewhere very, very happy. Now that I’m passing these “not so very easy” days, I know I need to bake a batch of these chewy double chocolate cookies as soon as I’m done writing this post.
I made these chewy double chocolate cookies a very long time ago but never came around to publish the recipe here on the blog. Today, when I was browsing my recipes and “making” myself work, I came across these delicious cookies and it just hit me.
You need these cookies, too, as much as I do. Because they are crispy around the edges, and chewy on the inside, with melting chocolate chunks. I’m going to make them as big as I did last time, but they can also be made in smaller sizes, of course.
Recipe adapted from Baker By Nature.
Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- chocolate chunks to top the cookies
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stir constantly until smooth. You can also melt the chocolate chips and butter in microwave, stir every 15 seconds.
- Mix eggs and sugars in a large bowl using a hand mixer, add in melted butter and chocolate chips, mix until well incorporated.
- Add in flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix using a spatula.
- Scoop the cookie dough on the baking sheet, leaving 2 inch space between them. Top the cookie scoops with chocolate chunks.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Cool completely in the baking sheet before serving.