Lemon Lime Popsicles are refreshing and taste like lemonade in a form of a popsicle! Add some gummies to make them even tastier and more fun!
This post is sponsored by Sweetarts. All opinions are mine as always. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen!
You’ve come to the right place. Yes, it’s October. Popsicles in October? Bet not everywhere is as cold as Boston! (What’s up, my dear California readers?)
So how are you? Have you been having a good week so far? Mine has been quite busy (I’ve been saying that quite often lately) but you know, when you are a food blogger, being busy can mean many different things: being busy in the kitchen developing a new recipe, being busy cleaning up all the mess you made (ugh), being busy behind the desk writing a new post, being busy coming up with all the recipes you want to make and publish, being busy reading your fellow bloggers’ blogs- you name it.
For me, this week is really exciting. I’ve teamed up with Sweetarts and I’m going to post three recipes this week using their gummies in three different and delicious recipes!
The first recipe is for these bright and refreshing lemon lime popsicles using these gummies shaped in honor of UCLA’s football team! How cool is that? So, if you are a fan of UCLA, or you know anyone who is, this would be the perfect tailgating snack!
It’s so easy to make these lemon lime popsicles:
- Make some simple syrup (equal parts of water and sugar boiled until sugar is dissolved and turns into syrup)
- Mix some of the simple syrup with cool boiled water.
- Add lemon and lime juice.
- Pour into molds and add some gummies.
- Freeze for 5-8 hours.
Now, to take the popsicles out of the molds, you will need to fill a big bowl with some warm water and hold the popsicle molds in water for 20 seconds so they loosen up and then they will slide out easily.
So, if you are fortunate enough to live somewhere warm enough to be craving a refreshing treat, definitely try these lemon lime popsicles!
Lemon Lime Popsicles
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups water boiled and cooled
- 1/3 cup simple syrup
- Juice of 2 lemons and 2 limes
- Sweetarts gummies
- Mix water and sugar in a sauce pan, bring to boil. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until syrup is ready. Turn the heat off, let the syrup cool.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, pour into prepared popsicle mold, drop gummies in each mold and freeze for 5-8 hours until ready.
- To take the popsicles out of the molds, fill a large bowl with warm water and hold the molds in water for 20 seconds, then take the popsicles out.
Looking for more deliciousness?