Peanut butter banana bread is a simple banana bread recipe that everyone loves. This moist banana bread with peanut butter is super simple and delicious.
You can always find homemade banana bread in our home, whether it’s double chocolate banana bread or banana bread with sour cream. Now it’s time to add a new recipe to our always-growing banana bread recipe collection!
Peanut butter banana bread
The banana and peanut butter combination is something that works well in so many forms – from ice cream to milkshake to cookies – and now we can enjoy this classic flavor combination in the form of an easy banana bread recipe. Notice the big chocolate chunks on top: yes, I just couldn’t hold back and added chocolate because chocolate makes everything better, right? This theory is why my best banana bread recipe has chocolate chips in it.
For this homemade banana bread you need the following ingredients:
- Unsalted butter
- Peanut butter
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda
Since you’ll be using peanut butter, you’ll be using only half a stick of unsalted butter. This is a simple and easy banana bread recipe that you’ll be making over and over again.
How to make banana bread with peanut butter
- Cream, unsalted butter, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add in eggs one after another.
- Mix in mashed bananas and buttermilk.
- Finish with the dry ingredients and bake.
Recipes like this easy banana bread are perfect to have on hand all the time because they call for ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen or pantry and are so quick to make. Also, kids love this as an after school snack which makes this a double win!
The leavening agent: Baking powder or baking soda?
I always use both baking powder and baking soda in my banana bread recipes. The combination helps the bread to rise well and not sink. However, it’s very important to be sure that both of the leavening agents are not expired. Old baking powder or baking soda would make the banana bread sink in the middle after you pull it out of the oven and will definitely affect the flavor.
Notes and tips for making peanut butter banana bread
- The riper the bananas, the moister the banana bread is going to be. Use bananas that are completely ripe and have brown spots all over them.
- To make peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread add 3/4 cup chocolate chips to the batter at the end and fold in gently.
- You can use wither creamy or chunky peanut butter for this recipe. If using natural peanut butter, make sure you stir it completely before using.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature for better results.
- Check the banana bread after 45 minutes of baking and if the top is brown but the middle is still doughy, cover with aluminum foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix melted unsalted butter, peanut butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition.
- Mix in mashed bananas.
- Add butter milk and stir well.
- Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt and all purpose flour. Mix using a wooden spoon until well combined. Don't over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with very few crumbs.
- Let the peanut butter banana bread cool completely before slicing.