Learn how to make sour cream banana bread that’s moist and absolutely delicious. This easy banana bread is perfect for breakfast or a midday snack.
You know we love our banana bread recipes. Our chocolate chip banana bread is always a crowd pleaser and the banana bread muffins are a go-to breakfast treat. But this banana bread with sour cream is one of the best banana bread recipes out there. It’s moist and really tasty.
This easy moist banana bread look humble but don’t be fooled, it’s bursting with flavors!
Super moist banana bread
What makes a banana bread moist? First, the bananas. You need the bananas to be as ripe as possible. The more dots they have and the softer they are, the better. And second, sour cream! Sour cream makes the banana bread so moist and delicious and still fluffy. Sour cream banana bread is perfect as a snack for kids to take to school.
Sour cream banana bread ingredients
To make this simple banana bread, you need simple ingredients:
- Sour cream
- Flour, baking powder and baking soda
Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Room temperature ingredients mix easier and result in a moist banana bread with a great texture.
How to make banana bread with sour cream
Start with mixing the melted butter and sugar, then add the eggs one by one and mix well. Next, add mashed bananas and cinnamon and then add the sour cream. Once these ingredients are combined, add in the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda) and then mix again. Bake the sour cream banana bread in the oven for about 55 minutes and then let it cool completely before slicing.
Homemade banana bread flavors
Add some chocolate chips to this moist banana bread for more flavor, add walnuts to have a tasty banana nut bread. You can also add 1/2 cup shredded coconut to give it a tropical flavor.
More Banana Bread Recipes:
Notes and tips for sour cream banana bread recipe
- Make sure the bananas are completely ripe for this easy banana bread recipe. Check out Just a Taste’s tutorial to learn how to quickly ripen bananas.
- To make sure the banana bread is completely baked, insert a toothpick in the middle of the bread, if it comes out with little to no crumbs, then it’s fully baked, but if it’s doughy in the middle, let it bake for another ten to fifteen minutes.
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature. This helps ingredients mix better.
- Make sure the banana bread is completely cool before slicing, otherwise it will fall apart.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to four days.
Sour Cream Banana Cream Recipe
Learn how to make sour cream banana bread that's moist and absolutely delicious. This easy banana bread is perfect for breakfast or a midday snack.
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananan ripe and mashed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat a 9X5 loaf with a non stick pan and line with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix the melted butter and sugar together until fully combined.
Add the eggs one by one and mix well after each addition.
Add in mashed bananas and whisk well.
Add in cinnamon and sour cream. Mix with a whisk or an electric hand mixer.
Add in baking powder, baking soda and all purpose flour. Mix until the dry ingredients are combined with the wet ingredients but don't over mix.
Pour the batter into the loaf pan and bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
Insert a toothpick into the middle of the banana bread, if it comes out with little to no crumbs, then it's ready but if it comes out with batter then it needs to bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.
Let the bread cool completely and then slice and serve.