Zucchini banana bread is perfect to use up all those zucchinis and brown bananas. This moist banana bread is perfect as a midday or after school snack.
Our banana bread recipe collection is growing day by day and more recipes are about to come. So far, we have this chocolate chip banana bread aka the best ever banana bread, peanut butter banana bread which is a family favorite and of course the classic sour cream banana bread which many of you love!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Looking for a moist banana bread recipe? This is it!
Yes, I know I used the word most people dislike but this zucchini banana bread is so moist, it simply melts in your mouth and I think it’s one of the best ways to feed you family some zucchini.
This is an easy banana bread recipe that is perfect for breakfast, midday or after school snack. And if you don’t mention it, no one will know there’s zucchini in this banana bread.
What do I need to make this easy zucchini banana bread recipe?
Like almost all the other banana bread recipes, this moist banana bread also calls for simple ingredients that you probably already have. I mean you must have a couple of zucchinis sitting in the fridge and some super brown bananas on the counter and thought to yourself “how can I use these? Maybe a zucchini banana bread?”. So, I’m happy you’re here and ready to check out the ingredients to make a delicious homemade banana bread:
- Unsalted butter
- Granulated sugar
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
Let’s start making this zucchini banana bread!
Like all the other quick bread recipes, this homemade banana bread starts with mixing melted butter and sugar in a large bowl. Then we add the eggs, one by one and whisk completely after each addition.
Then we add mashed bananas and cinnamon. You can also add cinnamon with the dry ingredients, but I love the instant combination of bananas and cinnamon so I add it with the bananas. Once you have a smooth mixture, add in your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and baking soda). I always add both baking powder and baking soda because the make the banana bread fluffy but not dry.
Lastly, fold in grated zucchini and stir gently. Don’t over mix because grated zucchini is delicate and contains a lot of water. Stirring much would result in a deflated banana bread.
Pour the zucchini banana bread batter into a loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes. Once fully baked, the top will have a nice golden brown cover and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean.
Super easy right? Bet now you’re craving some homemade banana bread, because I’m totally thinking about getting into the kitchen and make some of this moist banana bread!
Notes and tips to make this recipe
- Have all the ingredients at room temperature, This will help with the process of making banana bread and consistency of the batter.
- I almost always use sour cream, buttermilk or yogurt in my banana bread recipes. However, for this recipe, I haven’t used any of those ingredients because grated zucchini keeps the banana bread quite moist.
- Let this homemade banana bread cool completely before slicing. If I make the banana bread in the evening, I always let it cool until morning and then it slices perfectly.
- If you would like to have this quick bread for breakfast, I suggest you toast it and serve it with some almond or peanut butter.
- Even though this easy banana bread has zucchini in it, because of the 1/2 cup butter, it’s not considered the healthiest banana bread. If you’re looking for a healthy banana bread recipe, check out my pumpkin banana bread.
Easy Moist Zucchini Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup grated zucchini about 2 zucchinis
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 9X5 loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs one by one, whisk well after adding each egg.
- Add in mashed bananas and mix.
- Add cinnamon, all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well using a whisk or a wooden spoon.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Pour zucchini banana bread batter into the loaf pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with very few crumbs.
- Cool the banana bread completely before slicing.
- It's best to have all the ingredients at room temperature, This will help with the process of making banana bread and consistency of the batter.
- I almost always use sour cream, buttermilk or yogurt in my banana bread recipes. However, for this tasty zucchini banana bread , this recipe doesn't use any of them because grated zucchini keeps the banana bread quite moist.
- Let the bread cool completely before slicing. If I make the banana bread in the evening, I always let it cool until morning and then it slices perfectly.
- For breakfast, you can toast this banana bread and serve it with some almond or peanut butter.
- Even though this easy banana bread has zucchini in it, because of the 1/2 cup butter, it's not considered the healthiest banana bread. If you're looking for a healthy banana bread recipe, check out my pumpkin banana bread.