Spice up your usual meals with this Pomegranate Pistachio Koftas with Bulgur. Grilled koftas served with a delicious bulgur make the perfect meal!
This post is written in partnership with Wild Garden. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen. As always, all opinions are mine.
I'm so ready for fall!
What do you like most about fall? I love that it's finally time to start making comfort food that's warm and delicious. Aren't these koftas just delicious? They are made with pomegranate molasses and pistachios. What a great symphony of flavors!
But you know what the best part is? That they are served with this amazing bulgur by Wild Garden. I lived in Turkey for almost three years and trust me, after having bulgur at least once a week, I know what a good bulgur is. Wild Garden's bulgur is very nice!
What I love most about this bulgur is that it's ready in no time. You can heat it either in the microwave for 90 seconds or in a pan. This bulgur is fluffy and full of flavor. Serve it with these pomegranate pistachio koftas and you'll have an ultimate fall comfort food with a Mediterranean twist!
As you probably already know, I'm all about simplicity in cooking. You need just a few ingredients to make these pomegranate koftas and the most important of them is pomegranate molasses, which you can find in many Middle Eastern shops.
All you need to do is to mix the kofta ingredients together using your hands or a food processor until fully combined. You can also make the mixture ahead of time and cook it later. The herb used in these beef pomegranate koftas is tarragon and it really elevates the overall flavor of the dish.
Notes and tips to make these pomegranate pistachio koftas with bulgur:
- Use 85%-90% lean ground beef or a combination of ground beef and lamb. Super lean beef would result in grainy koftas, so I don't recommend it.
- I prefer to use ground pistachios to make these pistachio koftas but chopped pistachios would work just as fine.
- You can either grill these koftas, bake or fry them. I prefer grilling.
- You need to knead the beef mixture well to make sure everything is combined.
- An egg is usually not necessary but if you feel that your mixture isn't sticking together, then add one egg. In case your mixture is too soft, add just one tablespoon of breadcrumbs.
You can find Wild Garden products on Amazon or in stores, using their store locator.
Looking for more deliciousness?
- Mediterranean Deviled Eggs
- Persian Appetizer Platter
- Cheesy Shakshuka
- Eggplant Sumac Meatballs with Saffron Rice
- Baked Falafels with Tahini Yogurt Sauce
Pomegranate Pistachio Meatballs
- 1 lb Ground beef or a combo of ground beef and lamb
- 5 tbsp Pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoon Ground or chopped pistachios
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 pack Wild Garden Bulgur
- In a large bowl, place beef, pomegranate molasses and ground pistachio.
- Mix well using your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Add in turmeric, salt, black pepper and dried tarragon.
- Heat a grill pan on medium heat.
- Shape the koftas into 2-3 inch ovals and place them on the grill pan.
- Grill for 7 minutes on side side, flip and grill for 5 minutes on the other side until they are fully cooked through.
- Meanwhile, prepare Wild Garden bulgur according to the packaging.
- Once the koftas are ready, serve them with Wild Garden bulgur.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!