Start your morning with these Banana Walnut Strudel Muffins. Delicious and delightful muffins packed with cinnamon and banana flavor with extra crunch!
I have news.
Remember this? The last 2 months have been some of the most difficult times in my life. We would listen to news every minute to see if there is any new light of hope somewhere out there for us, to have my brother and his family here. Guys, I’m not going to lie to you. I haven’t been 100% myself in the last two months and I was just lucky enough to have some recipes piled up from before to post.
These banana walnut strudel muffins are also from some months before and I now finally have time to show you how to make them.
I’m not going to make you wait longer to see what happened to my family and their immigration situation, so here it is:
They are moving to the US! YAY!
Those of you who know me personally know how important this is to me and know what we went through in these two months. But now it’s all good, my brother and his family are immigrating and I cannot be happier. We are so grateful for what we have and cannot wait to share our happiness with you! You were here for me when I was going through difficult times and now I’m here to share this amazing feeling with you! And also give you the recipe for these amazing muffins which actually taste better if you have them a day later!
The banana walnut combination is one of my favorites, the creaminess of banana pairs well with the crunchiness of walnut. And, of course, the strudel, it’s the best part: buttery, cinnamon-y crunchy topping that brings an explosion of flavors once you bite into the muffin. My oh my how I love these banana walnut strudel muffins!
You will love them for breakfast. But let me tell you something, I had them for lunch, and I didn’t regret it!
Banana Walnut Strudel Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 stick 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 overripe bananas mashed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp old fashioned oatmeal
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 F, line a muffin pan with liners.
- Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl, set aside.
- Whisk melted butter, mashed bananas, granulated sugar, and plain yogurt in a large bowl.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix. Add in the walnuts and mix.
- To make the strudel, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until it forms crumbles.
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups and top with strudel.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the tester comes out clean or with very little crumb.
- Let cool and serve.