This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SavorHolidayFlavors#CollectiveBias
These are the best Mocha Muffins you will ever try! They're filled with coffee and chocolate and are perfect for a gathering with family and friends!
I'm loving this festive and happy holiday season! Have you started preparing for Christmas? I'm getting more excited every day!
What I love the most about the holiday season is having friends and family over and being together, especially when it gets cold outside and we all grab a cup of coffee and something sweet to munch on and spend time together talking, watching movies or playing games. Oh, cold season, how I love that you give us a chance to get cozy and be together!
If you have plans to get together with your friends and family, you should try making these amazing mocha muffins! Trust me, they're the best. And if you want to take happiness to another level, then have them with Starbucks® Coffee! Hover over the below image to shop directly from this post.
Why are these the best mocha muffins?
- Because they're made with brewed coffee! Starbucks® Holiday Blend gives such a great kick to these muffins. It's a subtle coffee flavor that compliments the chocolate and at the same time makes you want to grab a cup of freshly brewed coffee!
- Chocolate Chips! If you bite into these mocha muffins while they're still warm, you'll feel the chocolate chips melting in your mouth and there's nothing better that melting chocolate!
- The texture of these muffins is amazing. It's fluffy yet dense and it's very soft thanks to butter!
Notes and tips to make these mocha muffins:
- Try to have all the ingredients at room temperature before you begin. Soft butter combines better with sugar and the same goes for eggs, yogurt and milk.
- Definitely whisk the dry ingredients together before adding them to wet ingredients. This way the ingredients will distribute evenly.
- Don't over mix the muffin batter. It should be quite thick and it's OK if it's lumpy.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into muffin pan. Fill each cupcake liner ¾ full.
- Let the muffins cool for at least 15 minutes before serving so they don't stick to the liners.
Starbucks is also having an offer for you! Purchase three (3) qualifying Starbucks®packaged coffee (10-20oz.), Starbucks® K-Cup® packs (9-32ct.), VIA® Instant (5-8ct.), Starbucks® Syrups (12.17oz.), or Starbucks® Cookie Straw packs (9.17oz.) products in a single transaction at Walmart stores from 11/1/17 through 12/26/17 and receive 75 bonus stars when you upload your receipt at Starbucks-stars.com.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
Looking for more delicious recipes?
- Apple Cinnamon French Toast Bake
- The Best Ever Marble Cupcakes
- Churro Waffles
- Nutella Cocoa Oatmeal
- Persian Homemade Crepe Recipe
- Mocha Chocolate Brownie Trifle
The Best Mocha Muffins
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter Room Temperature
- ¾ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg Room Temperature
- ⅔ cup Plain Greek Yogurt Room Temperature
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Brewed Coffee Cold
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- ½ cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Mix the butter, granulated sugar and vanilla extract until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and plain Greek yogurt until creamy.
- Add in milk. Mix until fully combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Start adding the flour mixture slowly and alternately with the coffee and mix slowly. Don't over mix the batter.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed together, fold in the chocolate chips slowly.
- Scoop the batter into the liners using an ice cream scoop, fill each liner ¾ full.
- Top with some extra chocolate chips.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Take the muffins out of the oven. Cool for 20 minutes and the serve.
- You can use mini chocolate chips, regular chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. The amount you use would be according to your preference. The recipe calls for approximately one cup.
- You can use full fat or skim milk in this recipe.
- you can store these mocha muffins in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- This recipe makes 14 muffins but you can squeeze it into 12 if you don't want to use your muffin tin twice. Just add a little bit more batter to each liner.
You can find Starbucks® Holiday Blend at Walmart.
these look good and the only thing I would do is omit the coffee since I don't drink it and don't like the taste of anything with coffee in it
i. so excited to make these ! im curious do you know if I could freeze them and take them out after a few days ? and once i take them out would they still last 4 days after being put into the freezer while fresh ? if you haven't tried it no worries i can just half the batch right ? thanks 😊
I followed the recipe to a T and the muffins were a little dry and more like a chocolate muffin than mocha.
This is my new favorite recipe! Yum! I got 18 muffins from this recipe. Followed it exactly. Wonderful, soft, decadent treat.
Glad you like these!
Really love this recipe! Perfect for breakfast!
My 11 year old daughter loves mocha! She made a batch of these and really enjoyed them.
Sorry, what's the measurement for a stick of butter? 4ounces? I don't live in the US.
Yes, it's 4 ounces 🙂
Just curious.... it says the recipe makes 14 muffins. Is that correct? I normally see 6 or 12.
Hi Ellen 🙂 This one makes 14 🙂 But you can totally squeeze it into 12 if you fill each muffin tin a little bit more 🙂
Thank you! I cant wait to make them!
Can this recipe be used for a bundt cake?
You most probably can, I suggest you increase the amount of the ingredients by 50% and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. However, I have not tried to make this recipe as a bundt cake myself 🙂
Don't understand the recipe. Ingredients call for plain Greek yogurt. But the recipe says sour cream. Which is it? I can't wait to try them, they look delicious
Hi Karen 🙂 sorry for the confusion, it's plain Greek Yogurt 🙂
These muffins look way too good! I would love one to go with my Starbucks right now! #client