Mocha chocolate brownie trifle is the perfect cure for chocolate cravings. Layers of homemade brownies and luscious mocha cheesecake cream makes this the perfect dessert.
If you are a chocolate lover, you are in the right place. This mocha chocolate brownie trifle is a heaven for the chocoholic. Just like our Molten Chocolate Lava Cake, Double Chocolate Walnut Skillet Brownie and Chocolate Magic Custard Cake, this brownie trifle is also simple yet packed with amazing flavors!
Easy brownie trifle recipe
I mean, is there anything better than layers of cream and brownie? It's just the best ever! This Mocha Brownie Parfait is super easy and you won't believe how delicious it is. Let me give you a hint: Brownie pieces soaked in mocha! And when I tell you that brownies soaked in mocha is a good thing, trust me, you're going to thank me later for that.
This simple chocolate dessert is just perfect for parties and gatherings. You can either make it in a large glass trifle bowl or like me, you can make them in individual cups that make serving easier.
What goes into a brownie trifle?
First of all, brownies! You can use store bought brownies, brownie mixes or simply make your own brownies. For this chocolate brownie trifle I used my quick and easy brownie recipe which I made without the chocolate chunks and let it cool completely before I refrigerate it for a few hours.
Next comes the fluffy layer which is made of cream cheese, whipped cream, mocha and some powdered sugar. It's a simple combination that binds everything together and makes this a delicious dessert for chocolate lovers in your life.
How to make trifle with brownies
Start by cutting the brownies into one-inch pieces. Make sure the brownies you're using are dense and not cake-y otherwise they might fall apart if they're mixed with the creamy layer. As mentioned, you can use store-bought brownies or mixes, I always prefer to make my own because I know the texture and know how dense it it.
Next, beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a bowl for a few minutes until completely combined. Add in mocha and stir well. Fold in whipped cream gently and make sure it's mixed with all the ingredients.
Dunk the brownies one by one in some mocha (I used International Delight® Iced Coffee - Mocha) and place them at the bottom of your preferred servings cups. top with some mocha cheesecake cream and repeat until you reach the top of the cup. You can either leave it there or top with whipped cream and some fudge sauce. Refrigerate the brownie trifles for a couple of hours before serving.
Brownie trifle flavors and variation
The best thing about this brownie trifle is that you can add so many different flavors to it:
- Caramel brownie trifle: Substitute caramel sauce (store bought or homemade caramel sauce would work) for mocha and make my caramel brownies to use in the trifle. There is no need to dunk the brownies.
- Oreo brownie trifle: Make oreo brownies for oreo trifle and add a layer of oreo pieces and chunks to the trifle. Leave out the mocha if desired.
- Peanut butter brownie trifle: Use peanut butter brownies for this recipe and leave out the mocha. Don't dunk the brownies and make the cream using peanut butter instead of mocha.
- Snickers brownie trifle: Leave out the mocha, make snickers brownies and add a layer of Snickers chunks to the trifle. No need to moisten the brownies.
How long do these keep?
I always prefer to serve them within 2 days since they're still fresh but you can keep them refrigerated for up to 4 days easily. You can also make the brownies and the cream separately and assemble them a few hours before serving. If doing so, make sure to refrigerate both the brownies and the cream.
Can I made this trifle ahead of time?
Absolutely. This dessert stays so well in fridge, you can make it a day in advance and simply serve it when you're ready. Make sure to serve this dessert cold and not at room temperature.
This homemade brownie trifle is a favorite because of its simplicity and the fact that you can make it in advance. It's a good dessert option when it comes to making dessert for a crowd or taking dessert to a party because you can make it quickly and let it cool in the fridge until you're ready to serve it. You can add fruit like fresh strawberries or raspberries to the trifle to give it some extra flavor.
Looking for more delicious desserts?
Mocha Brownie Trifle
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon International Delight® Iced Mocha
- 1 cup cool whip/whipped cream
- 12 pieces brownies homemade or store bought
- ⅓ cup International Delight® Iced Mocha
- Whisk cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined. Add in Iced Mocha and mix well.
- Fold in cool whip gently until combined.
- Soak the brownie pieces in iced Mocha and place 2-3 pieces at the bottom of each glass.
- Top with some of the mocha cream.
- Repeat until all brownie pieces and cream is used.
- Chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Caramel brownie trifle: use caramel sauce (store bought or homemade caramel sauce would work) instead of mocha and make caramel brownies to use in the trifle. There is no need to dunk the brownies.
- Oreo brownie trifle: Make oreo brownies and add a layer of oreo pieces and chunks to the trifle. Leave out the mocha if desired.
- Peanut butter brownie trifle: Use peanut butter brownies and leave out the mocha. Don't dunk the brownies and make the cream using peanut butter.
- Snickers brownie trifle: Leave out the mocha, make snickers brownies and add a layer of Snickers chunks to the trifle. No need to dunk the brownies.
This post was sponsored by International Delight.