This is the one and only Oreo brownies recipe you'll ever need. Fudgy brownies stuffed and topped with Oreos are so good, you won't be able to stop eating!
Our love for chocolate is pretty obvious in our brownies recipes on the blog. From our easy brownies recipe to seasonal recipes like s'mores brownies and pumpkin pie brownies, we have everything you need! But this Oreo brownies recipe is one of our absolute favorites!
Why this Oreo brownies recipe works
If you love brownies as much as I do, you probably have already tried so many different varieties of them. This easy Oreo brownie recipe is a great alternative to classic brownies, especially if you are an Oreos fan. It's also a delicious way to use up all those Oreos that are sitting in your cabinet.
Plus, everyone loves some luscious and decadent brownies stuffed with Oreos! This fudgy brownies recipe is very easy and you can make it in no time with just a few ingredients!
Oreo cookie brownie ingredients
You need butter, semi sweet chocolate chips, sugar, eggs, flour and of course Oreos to make this simple Oreo brownie recipe. Make sure all your ingredients are at room temperature and you have a microwave safe bowl on hand.
How to make Oreo cookie brownies
Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare an 8x8 baking pan by coating it with a cooking spray and then lining it with a parchment paper. Set the pan aside and place butter and semi sweet chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the butter and chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until completely melted. Add the sugar to melted chocolate and butter and stir well.
Add in the eggs on by one and mix very well after each addition. Finish with stirring in the flour.
Pour half of the brownies batter into the prepare pan and top with Oreo pieces. Pour the remaining batter on top of the cookies and finish with more Oreo pieces. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes. Let the Oreo stuffed brownies cool completely before slicing.
How do you know if brownies are done
Since we want the brownies to be fudgy, we know they're done once the edges are set and the middle is just a little bit soft and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a few fudgy crumbs. Make sure not to over bake the brownies, they always keep baking for a little bit longer out of the oven since the pan will still be hot.
How to store brownies
Once the brownies cool completely, slice into nine or sixteen pieces and store them in an airtight container for up to one week.
Can I freeze Oreo brownies? Yes, simply store the oreo stuffed brownies in a ziploc bag and freeze for up to two months.
Looking for more brownies recipes?
Notes and tips for making Oreo stuffed brownies
- You can use any flavor of Oreos to make Oreo brownies. In this recipe I have used the classic original brownies but any flavor would work.
- These Oreo stuffed brownies are so good on their own but you can also serve them with some ice cream!
- What are slutty brownies? Slutty brownies have an extra layer of chocolate chip cookie dough at the bottom. They're made of three layers: Cookie dough, oreos and brownie batter.
- You can break the Oreos into pieces by hand or place them in a ziploc bag and break them using a rolling pin.
- To have clean cut brownies, wait for the brownies to cool completely before slicing them into pieces. I usually cut them into 16 small pieces but 9 pieces would work just as well.
- You can make Oreo brownies with a brownie mix simply by making the batter and layering it with broken Oeos as instructed, but I definitely prefer Oreo brownies from scratch.
The Best Oreo Brownies Recipe
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter room temperature
- 10 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 24 Oreos broken into pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Coat an 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray and line with a parchment paper.
- Place the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and heat in the microwave until they are melted, stirring every 15 seconds.
- Once the butter and chocolate chips is completely melted, add in sugar and whisk well.
- Add in the eggs one after another and mix very well after adding each egg.
- Add in the flour and stir until no lumps of flour is visible.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan and top with half of the Oreo pieces.
- Pour the remaining batter on the Oreos and top with the rest of the brownies.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with few fudgy crumbs.
- Let the brownies cool completely and then slice them.
- You can also melt the chocolate and butter on the stove top by placing the heat proof bowl over boiling water and stir the chocolate chips and butter constantly until fully melted.