Making brownies from scratch is very easy! This Easy Brownies Recipe makes brownies that are fudgy, gooey and so delicious. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and you're in chocolate heaven!
Are you a chocolate lover? Is life meaningless without chocolate for you? You’re not alone, I’m with you.
Life sucks without chocolate. A little part of me dies inside every time someone says they don’t like chocolate. my love for chocolate is undeniable and I have quite a few favorite chocolate recipes here on the blog such as molten chocolate cake, ooey gooey s'mores brownies, chocolate magic custard cake, double chocolate walnut skillet brownie and surprise snickers stuffed brownies. But what if we just want a quick brownie fix that's not from a box?
That's why I'm leaving this quick and easy brownies recipe here, because these brownies will make any chocolate hater a chocolate lover, I promise. Brownies always make life better, especially when they are quick and fuss free.
This is a simple brownie recipe that will be your favorite go-to recipe. It doesn't require any special baking skills and requires only a few ingredients. You can make it in no time, and have it right away, with a scoop of ice cream, and be very, very happy!
What do you need to make brownies?
Brownies can be made with a variety of ingredient depending on how you would like them to be, but a quick brownie recipe asks for:
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar
- Cocoa Powder
Some brownie recipes would ask for chocolate instead of or in addition to cocoa powder. For this particular easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder, I've also added some semi-sweet chocolate chunks on top to have that gooey melted chocolate goodness in the end and in every bite, but that's totally optional.
How to make brownies from scratch?
Making brownies from scratch is so easy. First of all, have all your ingredients ready and at room temperature. This is an important step as we need to make sure that we have all the ingredients ready so we can enjoy the process of baking. Once you have everything ready, start with melting the butter in a sauce pan or in the microwave. Let the butter cool down a little bit and then add vanilla, white and brown sugar and mix very well. Then mix in the eggs, one at a time and whisk very well after adding each egg. Finish the batter by adding and mixing the flour and cocoa powder. Mix well so no flour lumps are left in the batter.
Pour the batter into the baking pan that you have lined with parchment paper and top it with semi sweet chocolate chunks. Bake in the oven for twenty minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with some crumbs.
What I love about this easy fudgy brownie recipe the most is that it's so easy and simple. These brownies are made with cocoa powder and are topped with semi-sweet chocolate chunks. In every bite you take, there is a melted chocolate chunk to surprise you.
How dreamy does that sound?
Why this Easy Brownies Recipe works?
This easy brownie works every time because of a few reasons: First, the eggs are mixed in really, really well. I cannot stress enough on how important this step is. Second, the baking time is twenty minutes, which will give you just the perfect fudgy brownies that melt in your mouth. It's so easy to over bake brownies, therefore make sure to keep a close eye on them, we want them a little bit under baked especially because they will continue cooking in the pan a bit more when you take them out of the oven. And third, no leaveners such as baking powder or baking soda are used i this recipe which makes the brownies extra fudgy and chewy.
Notes and tips about this quick and easy brownies recipe:
- Make sure you mix the butter and sugar so well together, this is the key to all perfect baked goods.
- Use good quality cacao powder. Dutch processed and dark cacao powdered is strongly suggested for baking any chocolate-y treats.
- Use good quality chocolate chunks. You can use as many chocolate chunks as you like. You can also substitute it with semi sweet chocolate chips. You can also just leave the chocolate chunks or chocolate chips out.
- You can double the recipe and bake it in a 9X13 baking pan for about 35 minutes.
- Metal pan is strongly preferred for this easy brownie recipe as the brownie would take longer to bake in a glass or ceramic pan which might result in dry brownies.
I know what you’re thinking about, it’s ok, skip me rambling here and go directly to the recipe and then get into the kitchen and make these fabulous brownies, my mission is done here. I wanted you to have an easy chewy brownie recipe and now you do. Oh and if you have leftovers, which I really doubt you would, you can refrigerate them in an airtight container for two days. I love to microwave them before serving them with a scoop of ice cream.
I hope you make and love this easy brownies recipe!
Tools and Ingredients to make Quick and Easy Brownies
- Pumpkin Pie Brownies
- Easy Chocolate Magic Cake
- Chocolate Brownie Recipe In a Mug
- Best Ever Flourless Brownies
- Snickers Brownies
Quick and Easy Brownie Recipe
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3 Eggs Room Temperature
- ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- 4 oz Chocolate Chunk or Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Coat an 8X8 baking pan with nonstick spray then line with parchment paper.
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan or in the microwave. Once cool a little bit, pour it into a large bowl.
- Add in granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Mix well until fully combined.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Mix well after adding each egg.
- Add in flour and cocoa powder. Stir well until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into the pan and place chocolate chunks on the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes for soft fudgy brownies or 25 minutes for firmer ones.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- You can double the recipe and make it in a 9X13 baking pan for 35 minutes.
- All the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Do not over bake the brownies, we want them more on the under baked side.
- To make this easy brownie recipe you can use a whisk, a hand mixer or a stand mixer.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!