Nothing beats a good ooey gooey Double Chocolate Walnut Skillet Brownie with a large glass of milk. You’ll need only a few ingredients to make this delicious skillet brownie!
I love cast iron skillets. What about you? Do you have one of those super old and precious cast iron skillets that your grandmother gave to you? One of those skillets that have been handed mother to daughter for generations with thousands of amazing meals cooked in it? I wish I had one of those!
But it’s never late to start a tradition. I’m going to cook very often in my cast iron skillet before handing it to the next generation. I will tell them about all the dishes I made in my cast iron skillet and all the memories we made cooking with that cast iron.
One type of cast iron skillet that I love to use are the small ones, you know, the 5 – 6 inch ones that are perfect for small portion desserts, baked goods or even dips. I used a small skillet to make this cheesy taco dip and it turned out perfect. There is also this fabulous peanut butter chocolate chunk skillet cookie that I made with my friend Rachel which we literally couldn’t stop drooling over because it was way beyond a usual cookie!
I know I’ve praised my skillet for quite some time now, but look at this gorgeous double chocolate walnut skillet brownie. Those bright pieces of walnuts give the perfect crunch to the brownie. Some like chocolate with hazelnut, some prefer pistachios, but my favorite combo is chocolate and walnut. The flavor is just beyond explanation – it’s the perfect combo!
Make sure you use a good quality cocoa powder. I used Rodelle gourmet baking cocoa and it took this double chocolate walnut skillet brownie to a whole new level. The flavor and color that the baking cocoa gives to the brownie is quite strong, just how I like it to be.
Now, depending on you preference, you can have this double chocolate walnut skillet brownie either with a a big scoop of ice cream or a tall glass of milk. I’ve tried both and loved both, and so will you!
- Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies
- Quick and Easy Brownies Recipe
- Peanut Butter Brownies
- Chocolate Brownie Recipe In a Mug
- Double Chocolate Mug Cake
Double Chocolate Walnut Skillet Brownie
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Place the butter in a 6 inch cast iron skillet and melt it over medium heat.
- Pour the melted butter in a bowl and whisk it wit sugar and vanilla until combined.
- Add in eggs and whisk well for about 2 minutes.
- Add in cocoa powder and flour. Whisk until combined.
- Pour the batter into the cast iron skillet.
- Top with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Bake in the oven for 20 -25 minutes until cooked but the center is still soft.
- Cook for 5 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.