Two favorite desserts in one! Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownies are going to be your new favorite. Delicious graham cracker crust topped with brownie batter and finished with marshmallows. What’s not to like?
We have so many delicious chocolate recipes here which are all tried and true recipes made from scratch. From chocolate cakes such as molten chocolate cake and chocolate magic cake to brownies like quick and easy brownies to delicious treats like no bake chocolate cream pie, chocolate is always a favorite ingredient around here!
Brownie lovers rejoice, I have the best s’mores brownies recipe for you!
These s’mores brownies are one of those recipes you would want to keep at hand because they’re so good and you’ll never know when you’re going to crave s’mores and brownies in one bite!
What makes these s’mores brownies so good?
These s’mores brownies are so hard to resist as they’re fudgy in the middle, puffy and airy on top thanks to the marshmallows and have a delicious graham cracker base that makes all of this a delicious treat with amazing s’mores flavor!
These marshmallow brownies are an awesome twist on your good old basic brownies. They are also so easy to make and don’t require many ingredients.
Let’s take a moment and look at these gorgeous, ooey gooey s’mores brownies that are calling our names. With that thick brownie layer and those bubbly marshmallows, one would eat the entire pan in one sitting if one could. (I almost could!)
Let’s take a look at this s’mores brownie recipe
This s’mores brownies recipe has 3 layers:
- Graham Cracker Crust: I used my super basic graham cracker crust. Do you have a favorite? Do you like to add cinnamon? Go for it!
- Brownie Batter: Again, I used exactly the same recipe that I used for Surprise Snickers Stuffed Brownies because it’s thick and fudgy so it tastes good and looks awesome, but if you have your favorite recipe, go for it. Or just make one from a box if that’s what you like.
- Marshmallows: Now here, use as much as you can. The more the merrier! These gooey brownies will taste so good with a thick layer of marshmallow on top!
How to make s’mores brownies
Start with the graham crackers crust, mix powdered graham crackers and butter in a bowl and then press at the bottom of the baking dish using a measuring cup or a spoon. Stick the crust into the freezer.
To make the brownie layer, use any brownie recipe you like. Once the brownie batter is ready, take the graham crackers crust out of the freezer and pour the brownie batter on the crust. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with a little crumb.
Let the brownies cool for ten minutes, then top them with marshmallows and turn the broiler on. Toast the marshmallows under the broiler for three to four minutes. Once the brownies are completely cool, slice them and serve.
Notes and tips to make marshmallow topped brownies
- You can use any brownie recipe you like, or you can even use a brownie box mix if that’s what you have at hand.
- You can top the brownies with mini or large marshmallows.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container for up to two days.
- For more s’mores flavor, sprinkle some crushed graham crackers on top and drizzle with melted chocolate.
More Brownie Recipes:
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 10 graham crackers crushed finely
- 4 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 stick butter
- 10 ounce semi sweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs room temperature
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows to top the brownies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Mix graham crackers and butter in a bowl, press in at the bottom of the baking dish using a measuring cup. Place the baking dish in the freezer for 10 minutes so it sets.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir every 15 seconds to avoid burning.
- Take the baking dish out of the freezer and let it sit on the counter.
- Whisk in sugar, mix until well combined. Whisk in the eggs, one at a time, stir very well.
- Stir in flour, mix slowly until fully combined.
- Pour the brownie batter on top of the crust and bake in the oven for 30 - 35 minutes until toothpick inserted in the brownie comes out clean or with very few crumbs.
- Take the brownies out of the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Turn the broil on. Top the brownies with marshmallows and place the dish in the oven until the marshmallows are perfectly toasted (about 2 to 4 minutes)
- Let it cool a bit and then cut into desired pieces.