Bring amazing flavors to your meal plan with these Ginger Garlic Chicken Meatballs. These meatballs are light, delicious and smothered in homemade sauce!
I'm a sucker for meatballs. Literally, I mean it. I just cannot have enough.
Why do I love meatballs?
I don't even know why. I don't know if it has something to do with me being Persian, or just loving food. I just know that if there's meatball in a dish, I'm going to love it.
These ginger garlic chicken meatballs are very delicious. They're easy to prepare, requiring just a few ingredients. This is by no means an authentic Asian recipe. It's just inspired by the flavors I love.
To make these ginger garlic meatballs, I used ground chicken because it's healthier and smoother than ground beef. After cooking, these chicken meatballs are juicy and tender. Once mixed with sauce, they will be scrumptious!
You can always add a little bit of sesame oil or sriracha to the sauce to give it more flavor. I'm sure it won't go wrong. After all, cooking is all about making the food the way you and your loved ones like, right? The sky is your limit: experiment with flavors and find what you love.
Notes and Tips
- You can use ground turkey instead of ground chicken.
- You can make and bake the chicken meatballs before you're ready to serve. Just freeze them! Make the sauce separately and add the meatballs to the sauce after they're thawed.
- Serve these chicken meatballs with white rice, brown rice, quinoa or lettuce.
- You can pan sear these meatballs instead of baking them.
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
More Asian-inspired recipes:
- 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken
- Tofu Kimchi Fried Rice
- Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Quick Korean Beef
- Teriyaki Pineapple Salmon
- Turkey Meatball Curry (Indian Style)
Ginger Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- Preheat the oven o 400f. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Form meatballs and place them on the baking sheet. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Meanwhile, Make the Sauce:
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small sauce pan until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add in honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. cook until the sauce starts to boil, simmer for 5 minutes until thickens a bit.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven, Place them in a bowl and coat them with the sauce.
- Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!
Oooh do these look good or what!? Would be so great over rice for dinner or just on their own as a game day snack!
I agree, I love these for game day!