Bring amazing flavors to your usual meals with these Ginger Garlic Chicken Meatballs. These meatballs are light, delicious and smothered in homemade sauce!
I’m a sucker for meatballs. Literally, I mean it. I just cannot have enough.
I don’t even know why. I don’t know if it has something to do with me being Persian, or just loving food, that I really enjoy fitting them in my mouth. I just know that if there’s meatball in a dish, I’m going to love it.
These ginger garlic chicken meatballs are very delicious. It’s easy and takes just a few ingredients. This is by no means an authentic Asian recipe. It’s just inspired by the flavors I love and I know you will too!
To make these ginger garlic meatballs, I used ground chicken because it’s healthier and smoother than ground beef. After cooking, these chicken meatballs are juicy and tender and once mixed with the sauce, it will be scrumptious!
You can always add a little bit of sesame oil or sriracha to the sauce to give it more flavor. I’m sure it won’t go wrong. After all, cooking is all about making the food the way you and your loved ones like, right? The sky is your limit, experience with flavors and find what you love.
Tips and notes about ginger garlic chicken meatballs:
- You can use ground turkey instead of ground chicken.
- You can make and bake the chicken meatballs beforehand and freeze them. Make the sauce separately and add the meatballs to the sauce to after they’re thawed.
- Serve these ginger chicken meatballs with white rice, brown rice, quinoa or lettuce.
- You can pan sear these meatballs instead of baking them.
More Asian inspired recipes:
- 30-minute Honey Sesame Chicken
- Tofu Kimchi Fried Rice
- Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Quick Korean Beef
- Teriyaki Pineapple Salmon
- Turkey Meatball Curry (Indian Style)
Ginger Garlic Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- Preheat the oven o 400f. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat with non stick spray.
- Mix all the meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Form meatballs and place them on the baking sheet. Bake the meatballs in the oven for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
Meanwhile, Make the Sauce:
- Mix water and cornstarch in a small sauce pan until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add in honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. cook until the sauce starts to boil, simmer for 5 minutes until thickens a bit.
- Take the meatballs out of the oven, Place them in a bowl and coat them with the sauce.
- Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!