This Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake is the ultimate summer dessert. With homemade blueberry sauce and whipped cream on top, this dessert is perfect for any occasion!
Fresh blueberries always bring so much happiness to me!
Summer desserts are my favorite. All the berry desserts make summer days even brighter and more delicious.
More recipes for your summer:
- Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Milkshake
- No Bake Mini Blueberry Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble
- Unicorn Blueberry Pie
- No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
One of my favorite flavor combination for desserts is lemon blueberry. It's great for cakes, cheesecakes, and of course, cupcakes!
Poke cake is one of my favorites and I'm surprised that I didn't have any recipes for one on the blog. This lemon blueberry poke cake is one of our favorites. I made it the other day and Kyle took it to work and it was all eaten in no time.
To make this lemon blueberry poke cake you will need a lemon cake mix. Make it according to the package instructions to get the exact texture and density that's needed for poke cake.
For this lemon blueberry poke cake I made the blueberry sauce/filling myself using frozen blueberries, but you can of course use blueberry pie filling if that's what easier for you. If you are using canned blueberry pie filling, make sure you add the juice and zest of a lemon to get the best flavor.
To poke the cake, I used a straw but a wooden spoon would work very well, too. Make sure you don't poke the holes all the way down into the cake because that would break the cake slices. I also mashed the blueberries a bit before pouring the sauce on the cake but this step is completely optional.
Tools used in this Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake:
And if you're looking for more amazing poke cakes, make sure to check this list on RecipeLion.com!
We loved this lemon blueberry poke cake so much and I hope you will, too!
Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
- 1 pack lemon cake mix Plus the ingredients listed on the back
Blueberry lemon sauce:
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- Whipped cream / Cool Whip
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Bake the lemon cake according to the package instructions in a 9X13 pan.
While the cake is in the oven, make the sauce:
- Mix all the ingredients in a sauce pan, bring to boil and simmer for 5-8 minutes until thickens but thin enough to pour. If desired, mash the berries a bit using a potato masher.
- Once the cake is ready, let it cool for 10 minutes. Then using a straw or the end of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake. don't poke the holes all the way down.
- Pour the sauce all over the cake and cool in the fridge for one hour.
- Spread Cool Whip/whipped cream on the cake and cool in the fridge overnight.
- Serve cold.
Love the lemon and blueberry combo! Plus the colors are so vibrant, perfect for the summer! Oh and love the video too!
Thank you so much Mahy! Still working on videos but I agree with you, the lemon blueberry combo is so good!
Cheryl - Pook's Pantry
The photos are really beautiful!
Thank you so much Cheryl! I'm glad you like them <3
Megan @ MegUnprocessed
What a gorgeous creation! Lemon+blueberries - great flavor combo!
Thank you Megan! I bet in any form, lemon blueberry would be a great combo!
Christine | Mid-Life Croissant
I'm utterly obsessed with poke cakes. I've never had or made one but I pin them constantly. So, pinning!
You'll love it Christine! It's so easy! 😀
Always love to have recipes that start with a cake mix in my recipe collection. Lemons and blueberries are such a classic combination!
I've become so obsessed with this flavor combo!