Quick Vegetarian Pineapple Fried Rice is an easy dish that can be ready in only 20 minutes! It's packed with vegetables and flavors, making it a perfect weeknight meal!
Dinner in 20 minutes? I'm game!
This post is sponsored by Mann’s Fresh Vegetables. All opinions are mine as always. Thank you for supporting brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen.
This vegetarian pineapple fried rice is a staple in our household because there are days that even this food blogger doesn't want to stay in the kitchen for a long time. That's why I always try to have some quick recipes at hand like these sliders
I have been thinking of showing you how to make Thai fried rice for a while. Now, this might not look like the authentic Thai fried rice, but it's just as delicious. Why do I love this vegetarian pineapple fried rice, you ask?
- It's quick - after a long day of work, or studying, none of us wants to spent two hours preparing food for a family. And well, take out is not always good.
- This dish is quite healthy, only 2 tablespoons of olive oil are used for the whole dish that's enough for four people. It's also packed with vegetables thanks to Mann's Fresh Vegetables.
- You can use up leftover rice. You know how I'm so against food waste. This is the perfect way to use up the leftovers of whatever rice you have.
The ingredients to make this vegan Asian food (there are no eggs in this recipe) are actually very few. You need Mann's Fresh Vegetables, onions, leftover rice and a combination of condiments and sauces such as sriracha and soy sauce. You will also need a little bit of brown sugar to tone the flavors.
Note and tips to make this vegetarian pineapple fried rice:
- Make sure your leftover rice is at least a day old. Freshly cooked rice will result in mushy fried rice.
- You can add chicken or beef or even tofu to this fried rice for more variations.
- Try to adjust the flavors to your preference. If you like your dish to be saltier, add more soy sauce and if you like it spicier then add more sriracha.
- Don't cook the ingredients too much, you want to have shiny, crispy veggies for this recipe.
Looking for more deliciousness?
- Easy and Quick Cauliflower Potato Curry
- Sriracha Lime Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Persian One Pot Tomato Rice - Dami Gojeh Farangi
- Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan
Quick Vegetarian Pineapple Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 teaspoon Ginger Minced
- 1 pack Mann's Fresh Vegetables - Power Blend
- 3 cups Cooker Rice
- 4 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Pineapple Juice
- 1 tsp Sriracha more if needed
- 1 cup Pineapple Chunks
- ¼ cup Raw Cashews to top
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Saute onion until translucent. Add in garlic and ginger.
- Add in Mann's Fresh Vegetables - Power Blend, saute for 2 minutes.
- Add in cooked rice, stir well.
- Add in soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice and sriracha. Stir for one minute.
- Add in pineapple chunks. Stir well. Taste to make sure the flavor is good, add more sriracha if needed.
- Serve warm.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!
I can't wait to try making this recipe! It sounds amazing!
thanks! Hope you love it!
Fried rice is always perfect for a weeknight meal, love this! Your shortcut of using the power blend makes it that much quicker, delicious and better for you too - so smart!
I agree! Love fried rice for weeknight and the quicker it comes together, the better!
I am SO in love with this recipe!!we need all the fast and easy recipes during the school year and this one looks super tasty
Thank you so much Heather! It's a great recipe for weeknights (actually, we're having it again tonight!)
Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes)
Thank you so much! <3