Watermelon juice is refreshing and so easy to make. Perfect for summer, this beverage is naturally sweetened and so delicious.
Watermelon is my absolute favorite summer fruit, and there are various ways to enjoy it including our favorite watermelon salad. However, before anything else, it's important to know how to choose the best watermelon and how to cut it. Among all the recipes I like to make with this juicy and sweet summer fruit, juicing it is probably my favorite. Watermelon juice is easy, simple, and incredibly refreshing – it is undoubtedly my go-to summer drink!
Table Of Contents:
Benefits Of Watermelon
- Hydrating: With an approximate water content of 92% and electrolytes, watermelon is a refreshing fruit that's perfect for summer and helps regulate body temperature.
- Nutritious: Watermelon is packed with essential nutrients, including Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory: Watermelon contains pigments that may protect your joints from inflammation.
- Watermelon: Make sure to check out my tutorial on how to pick a watermelon. You want a ripe and sweet watermelon for this recipe.
- Lime: Although optional, I love adding some lime juice to the watermelon for some bright flavor!
How To Make Watermelon Juice
- Cut the watermelon into cubes, you need about 10 cups of cold watermelon cubes.
- Transfer the watermelon cubes to the pitcher of a blender.
- Add in the lime juice, freshly squeezed lime juice works best for this recipe.
- Blend on high for a minute until fully blended.
- Pour into glasses and serve. If needed, add a few ice cubes to the juice.
Here are a couple of variations and additions to our simple yet delicious watermelon juice recipe:
- Ginger: For a little kick, add a small amount of freshly grated ginger.
- Mint: Mint and watermelon complement each other well. Add a few mint leaves and blend them with the watermelon.
- Sparkling water: If you prefer sparkling watermelon juice, top each glass with some sparkling water just before serving.
Tips For The Best Watermelon Juice
- Pick a good watermelon: Ensure the watermelon is ripe, sweet, and juicy. Unripe watermelon may result in bland juice. Seedless watermelons are perfect for juicing.
- Chill: Cut the watermelon in advance and refrigerate it so the juice is cold and refreshing.
- Blender or juicer: You can use either a blender or juicer to make watermelon juice. A blender will retain more pulp whereas the juicer will give you a smoother juice.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you're using a blender then you need to remove the seeds. However, if you're using a juicer, it'll automatically move the seeds to the pulp container.
Straining the watermelon juice is optional. If you prefer a completely pulp-free juice, you can strain it. Otherwise, you can enjoy it as is.
Fresh watermelon juice is always best, however, you can juice it and keep it in the fridge for a few hours and serve when you're ready. If the juice separates as it's chilling in the fridge, simply give it a stir before serving.
More Watermelon Recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
- 10 cups watermelon
- 1 lime juice of
- Place the watermelon in the pitcher of a blender.
- Add in the lime juice.
- Blend on high for a minute or so until all is well blended. You might need to pause and move the cubes with a wooden spoon for easy blending.
- Divide between serving glasses and serve.
- If the watermelon you're using is not cold enough, fill the serving glasses with ice.
- It's best to serve this drink fresh, but you can also make it a few hours in advance and give it a good stir before serving.
- Seedless watermelon works best for this recipe.
- If you'd like the juice to be very smooth, you can strain it before serving.