Make mornings a blast with this delicious homemade Coconut Almond Granola. It’s a perfect addition to your smoothie or yogurt bowl, or as a simple snack!
I’m getting very obsessed with granola, and I’m not sorry at all.
Happy new year! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and have enjoyed it to the most. I also hope the new year brings you a lot of health, happiness and success. Have you thought about resolutions? Oh, yes, resolutions.
Personally, I’m not a resolution kind of girl. I’m a “dream” kind of girl because dreams just work better for me than resolutions. For this year I dream:
- To be a better person for my family and friends.
- To help more.
- To try harder for everything I need and want.
- To smile “literally” all the time.
- To learn a new thing every day.
- To read many many books.
- To travel more and travel “well”.
- To forgive and let go.
- To be prepared (mostly meal-wise).
Now, I’m also not a meal prep girl. I simply cannot eat the same dish four days back-to-back. Breakfast, on the other hand, is easy to prep and can be a mix and match. One day avocado toast, one day bread and cheese (Iranian way) one day smoothie and another day granola! For your New Year resolution, dream, mission or whatever you want to call it, I’m giving you this delicious recipe for almond coconut granola which yields three to four cups of granola. That’s enough for at least a week, if not more.
This is what being a food blogger does to you and your life. You are constantly learning about new food and ways to make your favorite food at home. You may know my friend Rachel from Bakerita. A couple of months ago, I saw her posting a gorgeous photo of granola on her Instagram and we started talking about it so I asked if making granola is a challenge and she said that it’s actually really easy. After that, I was determined to develop a granola recipe with my favorite ingredients. That’s how my first granola was born: you can find it here.
This coconut almond granola is packed with the right amount of crunch and sweetness and the shredded coconut gives an amazing flavor to this granola. I also add raisins, which I suggest adding towards the end so they don’t burn.
You can have this coconut almond granola on a smoothie bowl, with any type of yogurt or just right out of the container!
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 250F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients except raisins in a bowl and make sure everything is well incorporated.
- Spread the mixture on the baking sheet in one layer and bake in the oven for 45 - 60 minutes, check and stir every 20 minutes.
- Add the raisins in the last 10 minutes.
- Take the granola out of the oven and let cool for 20 minutes, break into chunks and small pieces if needed.