Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes are a match made in heaven! Enjoy them the most by adding some fresh strawberries! They are fluffy, fresh and irresistibly delicious!
It’s like eating clouds that taste like cheesecake and strawberries, trust me.
I’m more of a muffin person than a cupcake girl, not because I’m too lazy to make frosting all the time, but because…well…oh, who am I kidding? I’m too lazy to make frosting. Oh, and health reasons.
But these, I just couldn’t take the idea out of my mind when we bought some super fresh strawberries from the farmers market – they do have really good farmers markets in Istanbul – and I found some cream cheese in the fridge. It just stuck on my mind, calling my name. So, these strawberry cheesecake cupcakes happened.
I made these cupcake with my maman and we had so much fun in the kitchen! Yes, we are still with my maman and baba and we are having a wonderful time! Oh, and something very exciting happened in our family, too! We are moving to Boston!! Kyle has a job offer from Harvard University and we are so thrilled! We are very grateful for the life we have and I hope everyone’s life is sweet, happy and full of beautiful moments!
All right, let me tell you more about these cupcakes! It’s just so much fun to take the middle of the cupcake out and fill it with goodness! The filling is velvety and not overly sweet as I wanted the strawberries to take over the flavor. It may take some time to make these strawberry cheesecake cupcakes but it’s totally worth it. Besides, sometimes we need to treat ourselves right? Because life is too short to not have stuffed cupcakes!
Cupcake recipe adapted from Cupcake Project.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt ( or Greek yogurt)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp whipped cream
- 8 - 10 strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- Whipped cream and strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Divide the batter between the cupcake liners, fill ⅔ of each.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the tester comes out clean.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar until combined.
- Gently fold in whipped cream and strawberries and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After the cupcakes cool completely, core out the cupcakes and fill them with the strawberry cheesecake filling and place back the top lid of the cupcake.
- Frost with whipped cream and top with strawberries.
You will like these too!