These Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes are perfect for any gathering! It can't get any better than fluffy and moist vanilla cupcakes filled with a peanut butter chocolate filling!
This post is sponsored by Sweetarts. All opinions are mine as always. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen!
I say peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven, therefore this peanut butter chocolate stuffed vanilla cupcake is heaven in a cupcake, right? Do you love the combo as much as I do?
Here we are! My third post in partnership with Sweetarts is a super easy recipe for these delicious cupcakes in honor of University of Texas. Have you ever tried gummies on top of cupcakes? No? You should try it! It's like a tiny prize!
So here is another idea for your tailgating because, seriously, who doesn't like cupcakes? Especially if we are talking chocolate peanut butter chocolate stuffed vanilla cupcakes?
Let's talk cupcakes: these peanut butter chocolate stuffed vanilla cupcakes are so moist and fluffy, yet it's so easy to take a piece out and fill them with delicious peanut butter and chocolate filling, then frost the top with whipped cream! Yes, I said whipped cream because I'm not much of a butter cream girl (gasp). I know, it's weird. I just didn't grow up with it, you know. In Iran, we use whipped cream to decorate our cakes and cupcakes - and it's really good!
One thing about cupcakes that is very important for me and I have to remind myself of every time is not to over-mix the batter. I know it's so tempting to mix it completely, but don't. This tip is also valid for muffins and pancakes. Baking is full of small tips and tricks - there's still so much for even me to learn!
The peanut butter and chocolate combination is one of my favorites. I have used it a few times in my recipes including this peanut butter chocolate chunk skillet cookie and this banana peanut butter coco puff milkshake. Both were very well received by readers! What is your favorite peanut butter combo?
Looking for more recipes?
- Marble Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- The Best Mocha Muffins
- Persian Cardamom Muffins
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- orange food coloring
- Sweetarts gummies to top
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, mix eggs and sugar until foamy and light.
- Add in vanilla and oil. Mix well.
- Add in yogurt and mix until well combined.
- Add in flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and mix until just combined. Don't over mix.
- Fill the liners in the muffin pan with the batter and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until tester comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool, meanwhile make the whipped cream and the filling:
- For the filling, place peanut butter and chocolate chips in a small sauce pan, heat until chocolate chips are melted. set aside to cool a bit. Core out the cupcakes and fill them with the filling.
- For the whipped cream, Whip the cream and powdered sugar in bowl for about 3-5 minutes until stiff. Prepare a pastry bag with the tip. Fill the bag with ½ whipped cream and add 2 drops of food coloring. lightly mix with a knife then frost the cupcakes. Repeat with the remaining whipped cream.
- Top with sweetarts gummies.