Chocolate milkshake recipe gets a makeover with the addition of peanut butter. Learn how to make a chocolate milkshake in a blender using chocolate ice cream and just a few ingredients.
We are obsessed with milkshakes this summer and our favorites are cookies and cream milkshake, mango milkshake and Vanilla Milkshake However, this chocolate milkshake recipe made with peanut butter has been a new addition to our milkshake collection and we love it!
I say milk, you say shake, we say milkshake!
Chocolate milkshake ingredients
To make this delicious chocolate shake, you need just a few ingredients:
- Ice cream: You can make chocolate milkshake with vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream. I love using chocolate ice cream for this one because it goes so well with peanut butter.
- Hot fudge sauce: I love how thick and tasty hot fudge sauce is.
- Milk: I used whole milk but any other kind of milk such as almond milk would work.
- Peanut Butter: A couple tablespoons of creamy peanut butter takes this chocolate ice cream milkshake to a new level!
Chocolate shake recipe
If you enjoy having cold, delicious milkshakes and you are a chocolate lover, this peanut butter chocolate milkshake is the one for you. The combination of peanut butter and chocolate is always a winner! Top it with some whipped cream, some shaved chocolate and a little bit more peanut butter and you have the best milkshake in your hands!
If you like your milkshake to be extra chocolate-y, use chocolate milk instead of regular milk. It will make the chocolate milkshake extra creamy and extra chocolate-y!
How to make healthy chocolate milkshake
You can make this chocolate milkshake recipe healthy by using chocolate frozen yogurt instead of chocolate ice cream. You can also use non fat or dairy free milk as well. Leave the hot fudge sauce out and use a teaspoon of cocoa powder instead.
How can I thicken up a milkshake?
You can add a cup of crushed ice to this chocolate shake recipe to make it thick. The combination of ice and frozen ice cream makes a milkshake pretty thick. Also, don’t over blend the milkshake to keep it thick.
Looking for Healthy milkshake?
Tools and Ingredients to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake :
Peanut Butter Chocolate Milkshake Recipe
- 4 scoops chocolate ice cream
- 4 tbsp peanut butter creamy or crunchy
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp hot fudge sauce
- Place the milkshake glasses in the freezer.
- Place chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, milk and hot fudge sauce in a blender jar.
- Pulse for 10 to 15 seconds until they're fully combined.
- Take the milkshake glasses out of the freezer and divide the milkshake between them.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and peanut butter.
- Serve immediately.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!