This is the ultimate Nutella milkshake recipe. It's creamy, rich and nutty, prefect for a hot summer afternoon - or whenever you're coping with an urgent Nutella craving!
Summer is the best time to try learn how to make a milkshake. We've had rave reviews on our cookies and cream milkshake, vanilla milkshake and banana milkshake. Today, I'm sharing another favorite with you: our homemade Nutella milkshake! This luscious treat is like drinking Nutella. It's so creamy, filling and cool, perfect for this warm summer!
Why this recipe works
Many people love Nutella. This creamy, soft hazelnut spread is just so good and some of us can easily grab a spoon and eat a whole jar in one sitting. Making a Nutella milkshake is a great choice to cure those crazy cravings without actually eating a whole jar. It calls for a few ingredients and all you need is a blender.
This creamy and tasty concoction is so easy and perfect for a summer afternoon. Kids love it and so do adults. I mean, is there anyone out there who can say no to a creamy milkshake?
Kids love this treat so much; it's a lot of fun to make it at home with your friends and enjoy the summer. You can also add other ingredients to it such as topping with sprinkles or more chocolate!
To make homemade milkshake with nutella, you need these ingredients:
- Milk: I like using whole milk to make milkshakes to get a creamy flavor. However, you can use 2% milk as well.
- Vanilla ice cream: This works best. Make sure you don't use chocolate ice cream because the flavor will be a little off.
- Nutella: Be generous with it. You will need about 3 tablespoons per person. You can make homemade Nutella using this recipe from Splendid Table.
- Ice: This is an optional addition. I add ice sometimes to add a bit of froth to the milkshake.
Like every other milkshake, start by placing your milkshake glasses in the freezer for 20 minutes. Simply add all the ingredients to the blender and blend for about 20-30 seconds until all the ingredients are combined. It's important to add the hazelnut spread on top of the ice cream because it might stick to the blender jar if added first.
Spread some Nutella inside the glass before pouring the milkshake into it for some extra flavor. Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.
- Nutella banana: Add one banana to the recipe.
- Coffee nutella: Add ¼ cup cold coffee to the recipe ingredients.
- Nutella peanut butter: Use 1 tablespoon peanut butter in the recipe.
This easy and delicious drink is so good for summer. I love making a big batch and sharing it with friends and family. And don't forget that whipped cream on top, it's so good!
Looking for more milkshake recipes?
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Ultimate Nutella Milkshake
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- 6 tablespoon nutella
- ⅓ cup ice optional
- Whipped cream
- Place the milk and ice cream in the blender jar.
- Add in nutella and ice (if using).
- Blend for 20-30 seconds until mixed and frothy.
- Spread some nutella inside the glasses.
- Pour in the milkshake into the glasses.
- Top with whipped cream and serve immediately.