Your search for the best banana milkshake ends right here. This delicious and creamy banana milkshake recipe is a keeper and is perfect for any day of the year!
This summer, we have focused on so many different milkshake recipes and have tried so many recipes and are happy to deliver the best to you. From cookies and cream milkshake to mango milkshake and healthy strawberry milkshake, we've got you covered! And today, I'm going to show you how to make banana milkshake with ice cream that's so creamy and delicious.
Easy Banana Shake
This easy and creamy banana shake is totally a favorite of our family because:
- It's a great way to use up all the bananas we have.
- It's simple and is ready in less than a minute.
- This milkshake recipe is very versatile. We love having banana milkshake with additional ingredients, more about that below.
I love having different options to make milkshakes especially when it's hot. You never know which flavor you would be craving on that particular day, all you need to do is to have some ice cream and different fruit in your fridge!
Banana milkshake ingredients
For this milkshake recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- Vanilla ice cream: My favorite is vanilla bean ice cream. It goes perfectly with the bananas.
- Ripe bananas: You'll want bananas that are ripe but not brown. Read more about bananas and how to keep them on The Kitchn.
- Dash of cinnamon: Banana and cinnamon is a great flavor combination.
- Whole milk: Whole milk makes the milkshake very creamy. You can use 2% but I don't recommend 1% or skim milk.
How to make banana milkshake
There is a small extra step to make this milkshake and that is to cut up the bananas and freeze them. This would make the milkshake extra creamy. Once the bananas are frozen for about 20 minutes, simply place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for some seconds until fully incorporated. Serve in cold glasses with some whipped cream and enjoy.
Banana milkshake with different flavors
Once you have a good milkshake recipe, you can have different milkshake flavors. You can take this milkshake recipe with ice cream and turn it up a notch by adding a few ingredients such as:
- Strawberries for a delicious and fresh strawberry banana milkshake.
- All spice for a tasty flavor addition.
- Peanut butter because who can ever say no to a creamy peanut butter banana milkshake?
- Cocoa powder because chocolate banana milkshake is always a favorite.
This particular milkshake flavor is one of our favorites and it's probably the most common milkshake flavor on the other side of the world. I remember there was this shop in Tehran that had these super creamy milkshakes with bananas and lots of ice cream.
The milkshakes were so thick that when he made them, he would lift the jar so high and pour the milkshake into glasses without a drop out of the glass because they were exceptionally consistent and smooth!
Notes and tips to make a good milkshake
- Freezing fruits like banana before making the milkshake will result in a creamier milkshake. This step is totally optional but it helps with the consistency.
- If you would like to make a healthy banana milkshake, substitute vanilla ice cream with vanilla frozen yogurt or simply leave it out and use frozen bananas.
- As mentioned in our vanilla milkshake recipe, put the glasses in the freezer for a few minutes and then divide the milkshake between them. Super cold glasses keep the milkshake creamy for longer.
- Serve this creamy milkshake immediately as it will lose it's texture if it sits for long.
- Try to use ripe bananas that haven't changed color yet.
The Best Ever Banana Milkshake
- 2 bananas peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Place the bananas on a plate and freeze for 20 minutes.
- Place the bananas in the blender.
- Add in ice cream and whole milk. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon.
- blend for 12 to 18 seconds until all is mixed.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream and cinnamon.
- freezing the bananas beforehand would make this milkshake creamier.
- You can make this recipe with chocolate ice cream or add cocoa powder for chocolate banana milkshake.
- Add some strawberries for strawberry banana milkshake.