Mango Milkshake is perfectly sweet and perfect for hot days. Learn how to make a delicious mango shake using just a few ingredients and a blender. Creamy mango milkshake is so hard to resist!
Are you a mango lover? Stay around because I'm going to tell you everything you need to know about making a mango shake!
We love milkshake recipes this summer. This healthy strawberry milkshake is one of our favorites and we can never have enough of our cookies and cream milkshake! This mango milkshake recipe is easy, naturally sweet and easily adaptable, that's why it's also one of our favorites. It's perfect for these hot summer days and kids love it!
Mango milkshake ingredients
To make this tasty mango milk shake, you need very few ingredients:
- Mangoes: use mangoes that are not too fibrous to get a better texture. My favorite type of mango to use is Ataulfo, it's sweet and has a smooth texture.
- Milk: Any kind of milk would work. For this mango milkshake recipe I used whole milk.
- Ice cream: Vanilla or mango ice cream would be great in this recipe.
- Cardamom: It's an optional addition but gives an amazing flavor to the milkshake!
And of course some whipped cream and pistachios to top your tasty, easy milkshake!
How do you make mango milkshake?
It's really easy! Start with cutting the mango. This might require some practice but once you get the hang of it, it's super easy.
Check out this video to see how to cut a mango.
Once you've cut the mango, put the mango pieces, ice cream, milk and cardamom in the blender and blend for forty seconds to a minutes until creamy and frothy. Pour the mango shake into glasses and top with some whipped cream and pistachios.
Can you make a milkshake without ice cream?
Yes. You can make this mango milkshake without ice cream as well. Leave out the ice cream and add a little bit more milk or a couple tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt.
Can I make this mango milkshake vegan?
You sure can! Just swap the milk with coconut or almond milk and use a non dairy ice cream or mango sorbet instead of vanilla ice cream.
Notes and tips to make mango shake recipe
- Use mangoes that are completely sweet or the milk will curdle because of the sourness of the mangoes.
- Any kind of milk would work in this recipe. I use whole milk but you can use any kind of milk such as almond milk, coconut milk or cashew milk to make this mango shake.
- This mango milkshake is naturally sweet but you can add a couple tablespoons of sugar if you like it sweeter.
- If you like a thick milkshake, add a cup of ice to the recipe.
- As for the ice cream, both vanilla and mango ice cream would work perfectly in this milkshake recipe.
- I use my Blendtec to make milkshakes and I love it. You can get the one I have here (affiliate).
Tools and Ingredients to make Mango Milkshake with Cardamom
- 1 Ataulfo mango
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 scoops vanilla ice cream
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- whipped cream
- Slice the mango in half, avoiding the pit. Using a knife, make lengthwise and crosswise cuts into the mango halves, make sure not to cut the skin. Using a spoon, take the segments out of the skin and set them aside.
- Place the cut mango pieces in a blender and add whole milk, vanilla ice cream and ground cardamom.
- Blend for forty seconds to one minute.
- Pour the mango milkshake into glasses. Top with whipped cream and pistachios.
- Serve immediately.
- For vegan mango milkshake, use almond or coconut milk.
Have you made this recipe? Let us know by commenting and rating on this recipe. Take a picture and tag @unicornsinthekitchen and #unicornsinthekitchen for a chance to be featured!