Vanilla milkshake is probably the most-loved milkshake in the world. Learn how to make the best homemade vanilla milkshake and enjoy it any time of the year.
Time for another milkshake recipe. Today, we’re going back to basics!
The best vanilla milkshake recipe
You know we love our milkshake recipes, from mango milkshake to chocolate milkshake , Coconut Milkshake and everything in between, we always have time and appetite for delicious milkshakes. This basic vanilla milkshake is one that we love because it’s so simple and always tastes excellent.
What are the ingredients to make a milkshake?
This easy milkshake recipe has just a few ingredients:
- Ice cream: I prefer using vanilla bean ice cream for more flavor.
- Milk: Using cold whole milk helps make the milkshake creamy.
- Vanilla extract: This is an extra step but using a high quality vanilla extract gives a bold flavor to the vanilla shake.
Read all about vanilla and how to store it on Epicurious.com.
How to make a milkshake with ice cream
Make sure the ice cream is frozen cold. The colder the ice cream, the creamier and thicker the vanilla milkshake will be. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend for twenty to thirty seconds until the shake is ready and creamy. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
How to serve vanilla shakes
For a classic vanilla milkshake you can top it with some whipped cream. You can also add different toppings such as a cookie straw or berries. A dash of cinnamon would give a nice flavor to the milkshake. Or, you can be more adventurous and top the vanilla milkshake with an actual cookie!
Want to jazz things up in this easy milkshake?
You can add some interesting ingredients to make this classic vanilla milkshake differently every time:
- Add a chocolate chip cookie to the rest of the ingredients and blend everything together for a chocolate chip cookie milkshake.
- Sprinkles will give you a birthday cake milkshake!
- Some chocolate syrup inside the glass to make marble milkshake.
The possibilities are endless!
How do you make a vanilla milkshake without ice cream?
You can simply use vanilla frozen yogurt or dairy free frozen dessert instead of ice cream. And, if you like your milkshake on the thick side, add a cup of ice to your blender and pulse four or five times.
Tools and Ingredients to make Classic Vanilla Milkshake:
Classic Vanilla Milkshake
Vanilla milkshake is probably the most favorite milkshake in the world. Learn how to make the best homamde vanilla milkshake and enjoy it any time of the year.
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream (optional)
Make sure vanilla ice cream and milk are completely cold.
Place the cold vanilla ice cream and whole milk in the blender.
Add in vanilla extract.
Blend for 20 to 30 seconds.
Divide between two very cold glasses.
Top with whipped cream and berries.
- For creamy milkshake, make sure you use full fat ice cream and whole milk.
- For a thicker milkshake, add 1 cup of ice to the ingredients in the blender.