A coconut milkshake made with chocolate sauce and coconut milk is the ultimate coconut chocolate treat. This milkshake recipe is one you will always want to keep on hand!
Milkshake lovers, rejoice! There is a tasty milkshake in town!
If you are a chocolate and coconut lover and can’t have enough coconut chocolate treats, this creamy dreamy milkshake is yours! Coconut milkshakes are super tasty on their own, but this elevated version with the addition of luscious chocolate sauce is something you won’t want to miss!
By now you probably know that we are covering all delicious milkshake recipes this summer. From a classic vanilla milkshake to our mango milkshake, we have tried so many milkshake recipes and we even had a healthy milkshake that tasted super yummy even though it was healthy!
Coconut milkshake ingredients
This easy yet super tasty milkshake recipe calls for just a few ingredients:
- Ice Cream: Vanilla bean ice cream is really good for this milkshake. However, you can simply use coconut ice cream as well.
- Coconut Milk: Creamy coconut milk gives a deep coconut-y flavor and a creamy texture to this easy milkshake. You can substitute it with regular whole milk.
- Coconut Flakes: For even more coconut flavor!
- Chocolate Sauce: Any kind of chocolate sauce works perfectly. If you’re looking for a homemade version, check out this easy chocolate sauce.
How do you make a chocolate milkshake with coconut?
I’m literally crazy about this flavor combination. Chocolate and coconut are truly a match made in heaven. To make this delicious coconut milkshake, start with some scoops of very, very cold ice cream and put them in a blender jar. Next, add coconut flakes, coconut milk and chocolate sauce. Blend for eight to ten seconds until it’s all combined and serve immediately.
Should I use sweetened or unsweetened coconut flakes?
As ice cream and chocolate sauce are sweet on their own, I recommend you using unsweetened coconut flakes to keep the sweetness balanced in this milkshake.
Can I make this coconut milkshake without ice cream?
Yes! Simply use frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, but be aware that it might not end up being as creamy as when it’s made with ice cream.
And if you’re a big coconut lover, you should try toasting the coconut flakes for some minutes in a pan over medium heat or on a baking sheet in the oven. Toasted coconut will taste richer.
Coconut Milkshake for Chocolate Lovers
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 can coconut milk 15oz.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tbsp chocolate sauce
- Place vanilla bean ice cream in the blender jar.
- Shake the can of coconut milk for a few times, then open it and pour it into the blender jar.
- Add in unsweetened shredded coconut and chocolate sauce.
- Blend for eight to ten seconds until it's combined.
- Serve immediately.