A coconut milkshake made with chocolate sauce and coconut milk is the ultimate treat. It tastes like almond joy and is ready in only 5 minutes!
By now you probably know that we are covering all delicious milkshake recipes this summer. From a complete tutorial on how to make a milkshake to classic vanilla milkshake and our mango milkshake, we have tried so many milkshake recipes and we even had a healthy milkshake that tasted super yummy even though it was healthy!
The perfect combo
If you are a coconut lover and can't have enough coconut chocolate treats, this creamy dreamy milkshake is yours! Coconut milkshakes are super tasty on their own, but this elevated version with the addition of luscious chocolate sauce is something you won't want to miss!
This easy yet super tasty milkshake recipe calls for just a few ingredients:
- Ice Cream: Real vanilla ice cream is really good for this milkshake. However, you can simply use coconut ice cream as well.
- Coconut Milk: Creamy coconut milk gives a deep coconuty flavor and a creamy texture to this easy milkshake. You can substitute it with regular whole milk.
- Chocolate Sauce: Any kind of chocolate sauce works perfectly. You can even use chocolate fudge. If you're looking for a homemade version, check out this easy chocolate sauce.
To make this delicious coconut milkshake, start with some scoops of very, very cold ice cream and put them in a blender jar. Next, add coconut flakes, coconut milk and chocolate sauce. Blend for eight to ten seconds until it's all combined and serve immediately.
Pro tip: If you're a big coconut lover, you should try toasting the coconut flakes for some minutes in a pan over medium heat or on a baking sheet in the oven. Toasted coconut will taste richer.
Frequently asked questions
Yes! Simply use frozen yogurt instead of ice cream, but be aware that it might not end up being as creamy as when it's made with ice cream.
As ice cream and chocolate sauce are sweet on their own, I recommend you using unsweetened coconut flakes to keep the sweetness balanced in this milkshake.
Yes, nowadays you can find many dairy free frozen treats at your local supermarket. Coconut flavored dairy free ice cream works well for this recipe.
More milkshake recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Coconut Milkshake with Chocolate
- 2 cups vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 can coconut milk 15oz.
- ⅔ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 tablespoon chocolate sauce
- Place vanilla bean ice cream in the blender jar.
- Shake the can of coconut milk for a few times, then open it and pour it into the blender jar.
- Add in unsweetened shredded coconut and chocolate sauce.
- Blend for eight to ten seconds until it's combined.
- Serve immediately.