Strawberry milkshake made with fresh strawberries is the absolutely perfect drink! Learn how to make strawberry milkshakes that taste amazing. Fresh strawberries play a big role in this shake, no syrup or additional flavoring is needed.
When I was checking all our milkshake recipes, I figured out that we have so many drool worthy milkshakes like Cookies and cream milkshake, peanut butter chocolate milkshake, and even saffron milkshake so now it’s time for a classic!
Of all milkshake flavors, I think my all time favorite is strawberry milkshake made with fresh strawberries. It’s just so creamy and tasty!
Strawberry milkshake ingredients
For this strawberry milkshake recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Strawberries: You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries. Summer is the best season to get some beautiful red strawberries that would make the best strawberry milkshake. It’s important to choose the best strawberries as they give all the flavor to this milkshake. Read about how to select the best strawberries on Eating Made Easy.
- Vanilla ice cream: You can use many varieties for ice cream including vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla bean frozen yogurt.
- Milk: I usually use 2% milk to make milkshakes.
How to make a strawberry milkshake
You need a good amount of strawberries for this easy milkshake recipe. Wash the strawberries and pat dry them. Cut them into halves and place them in the blender jar. Add ice cream and milk then start blending for ten to twelve seconds until everything is combined.
Divide between two glasses, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
Why is this homemade milkshake a favorite?
A refreshing milkshake made with fresh strawbrries is everyone’s favorite for a few reasons:
- It’s tasty: Think all fresh strawberries, no strawberry syrup. Just pure, fresh strawberries.
- Gorgeous color: I mean, who can say no to such a pretty strawberry shake? Especially because this is all natural color!
- It’s super simple to make: You only need three ingredients and a blender. Pretty simple right?
Using frozen strawberries for milkshake
If you’re making this recipe in a season outside of strawberry season, you can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones.
Can I make non dairy strawberry milkshake?
Yes you can. To make a milkshake without dairy use non dairy ice cream such as almond milk or coconut milk ice cream and use almond milk instead of dairy milk.
If you’re looking for healthier option, check out my healthy milkshake which uses milk but no ice cream.
The Best Ever Strawberry Milkshake
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup milk I used 2%
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries.
- Remove the top and cut the strawberries in halves.
- Place the halved strawberries in the blender jar and add ice cream and milk to the strawberries.
- Blend for ten to twelve seconds until everything is mixed.
- Divide between two glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.