Strawberry milkshake made with fresh strawberries is an absolutely perfect drink that's ready in 10 minutes! Learn how to make milkshakes that taste amazing. Real strawberries play a big role in this shake, no syrup or additional flavoring is needed.
When I was checking all our milkshake recipes, I figured out that we have so many drool worthy milkshakes like cookies and cream milkshake, peanut butter chocolate milkshake, and as for classics, we have the good old vanilla milkshake. Of all milkshake flavors, I think my all time favorite is strawberry milkshake made with fresh strawberries. It's just so creamy and tasty! Check out our complete tutorial on how to make a milkshake if you're new to making these at home!
Table Of Contents:
Why this recipe works
Nothing beats a large glass of milkshake in summer! Now when it comes to milkshakes, I like mine rich, creamy and indulgent just like this strawberry milkshake. A refreshing milkshake made with fresh strawberries is everyone's favorite for a few reasons:
- It's tasty: Think all fresh strawberries, no strawberry syrup. Just pure, fresh strawberries.
- Gorgeous color: I mean, who can say no to such a pretty strawberry shake? Especially because this is all natural color!
- Super simple to make: You only need three ingredients and a blender. Pretty simple right?
- Made with real ingredients: There is no sugar loaded strawberry syrup or artificial flavors added.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Strawberries: You can use either fresh or frozen strawberries. Summer is the best season to get some beautiful red strawberries that would make the best milkshake. It's important to choose the best strawberries as they give all the flavor to this milkshake. Read about how to select the best strawberries on Eating Made Easy.
- Vanilla ice cream: You can use many varieties for ice cream including vanilla bean ice cream or vanilla bean frozen yogurt if you want it to be a bit lighter.
- Milk: I usually use whole or 2% milk to make milkshakes. However, non dairy milk such as almond, cashew or oat milk would work as well.
How to make strawberry milkshake
- First of all, place the milkshake glasses in the freezer for about 10 minutes. This would keep the milkshake cold for longer.
- You need a good amount of strawberries for this easy milkshake recipe. Wash the strawberries and pat dry them. If the strawberries are too large, cut them into halves and place them in the blender jar.
- Add the ice cream and milk then start blending for ten to twelve seconds until everything is combined.
- Divide the milkshake between two glasses, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings if desired.
While a simple strawberry milkshake is always perfect, if you're feeling adventurous, you can try one of the following variations:
- Use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla for a double strawberry milkshake.
- Drizzle the inside of the glasses with chocolate syrup or hot fudge.
- Add 2-4 Oreos to make Oreo strawberry milkshake.
- Mix in other fruits such as peach and banana.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes you can. To make a milkshake without dairy use non dairy ice cream such as almond milk or coconut milk ice cream and use almond milk instead of dairy milk.
You can use frozen yogurt or dairy free ice cream to make this recipe. If you're looking for healthier option, check out my healthy milkshake which uses milk but no ice cream.
All milkshakes have to be served immediately or the texture would change. It's best to keep all the ingredients very cold and blend them right before serving.
If you're making this recipe when fresh and sweet strawberries are not available, you can use frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones. The taste would be same, the texture would be a bit thicker.
More milkshake recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- 1 ½ cup strawberries
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup whole milk
- Place the milkshake glasses in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Wash and pat dry the strawberries.
- Remove the top and cut the strawberries in halves.
- Place the halved strawberries in the blender jar and add ice cream and milk to the strawberries.
- Blend for ten to twelve seconds until everything is mixed.
- Divide between two glasses and top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- You can use frozen strawberries for this recipe, the milkshake will be thicker.
- If you like the milkshake to be richer, add more vanilla ice cream.
- Keeping the glasses in the freezer for a bit will result in the milkshake keeping cold for longer.
- If making this recipe dairy free, try dairy free ice cream and dairy free milk such as almond, cashew or oat milk.
- You can also use strawberry ice cream instead of vanilla.
This strawberry shake really lived up to it's name. It's the best I've had!
Refreshing and delicious! Thanks for the recipe!
This just tastes like summer! I love that I can make a delicious strawberry milkshake from home.
This was perfect! Great idea to put the glasses in the freezer before hand. My husband loved it!