If you’re looking for a milkshake that has all the flavor but not all the guilt, this healthy milkshake is for you. It's ready in 5 minutes and doesn't call for ice cream!
This year we are all about different milkshake recipes. So far, the peanut butter chocolate milkshake ,mango milkshake , Coconut Milkshake are our favorites. If you're new to making this summer treat at home, make sure to check out our tutorial on how to make milkshake. I think it’s also helpful to have a healthier milkshake recipe like this no ice cream one at hand for the times you don’t want to indulge.
About this recipe
Milkshakes are very indulgent and delicious. Sometimes, I crave the taste of a milkshake but want a lighter variation that doesn't use ice cream. This healthy milkshake uses frozen yogurt and is still creamy and satisfying. It's very customizable and you can use your favorite fruit or flavors to make it.
For this delicious and easy milkshake recipe you need the following ingredients:
- Frozen yogurt: My favorite to use is the vanilla flavor since you can make different flavors of milkshake with it.
- Milk: You can use 1% or fat-free milk for this recipe. Nut milks such as almond or cashew milk work too.
- Flavors: I used nectarines, but you can use any other fruit such as bananas, mangos or strawberries.
Pro tip: Place the serving glasses in the freezer for 10 to 20 minutes before serving the milkshake. Cold glasses will keep the milkshakes cold for longer.
You can add protein powder to you milkshake to make it even healthier. For this particular recipe, add vanilla flavored protein powder.
Other ways to jazz up this milkshake is to use other fruits such as strawberries or bananas. If craving a healthy chocolate milkshake, use chocolate frozen yogurt and leave out any fruit and add a tablespoon of peanut butter if you like.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can use almond, cashew, soy or coconut milk for this recipe.
Absolutely. Frozen fruit makes this healthy milkshake even creamier.
Milkshakes don't keep well after some minutes so it's best to serve them right after making them.
More milkshake recipes
Did you make this recipe? I'd love to hear about it! Please comment and leave a 5-star🌟 rating below. You can also follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest or subscribe to our newsletter to get a free e-Cookbook!
Healthy Milkshake Recipe
- ¾ cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 peach cut into cubes
- 1 nectarine cut into cubes
- ½ cup non fat milk
- fat free whipped cream for topping
- Place vanilla frozen yogurt in the blender.
- Add in peach and nectarine.
- Pour milk over the frozen yogurt, peach and nectarine. blend until fully blended.
- Pour into two glasses and serve immediately.
- You can use any other fruit such as bananas, strawberries or mangos.
- It's possible to use frozen fruit instead of fresh.
- You can use dairy free milk or frozen yogurt for this recipe.