A delicious English muffin pizza made with barbecue chicken and roasted pepper. These easy English muffin pizzas are perfect for dinner or an afternoon snack.
Everyone loves pizza and we always try to make new pizza recipes with tasty ingredients. We love our Mediterranean pizza and quick breakfast pizza. Both are super simple and are packed with amazing flavors. English muffin pizza is another easy recipe that we love to keep at hand. This is a quick pizza recipe without homemade pizza dough that's super easy to make and is ready in no time.
Why this barbecue chicken English muffin pizza works
I don't know about you, but when we have a fun party, I don't like to stand in the kitchen and knead pizza dough. Our family and friends love pizza and everyone has their own favorites, so imagine me in the kitchen, kneading pizza dough, then top it with everyone's specific favorite toppings, then wait for it to cook and oh my god, the party is already over!
And that's when I make these English muffin pizzas that come together in 20 minutes! Literally, 20 minutes. And if you have leftover protein (rotisserie chicken, beef or whatever) it can be as short as 12 minutes even! Perfect for a casual party, right? Plus, you can even ask people to top it with their own favorite toppings but trust me, the combination I'm about to show you is loved by everyone!
English muffin pizza ingredients
To make these pizzas, I used chicken with barbecue spice, and Mazzeta Roasted Bell Pepper, which gave a nice kick and texture. I also used some mushrooms, baby spinach and olives to match the flavors with Mazzetta roasted bell peppers. If you like to make this English muffin pizza vegetarian, just omit the chicken and you will end up with an awesome vegetarian pizza full of amazing flavors!
How to make English muffin mini pizza in the oven
Start by preparing the chicken. Chop the chicken into small pieces and cook it with barbecue spice blend and barbecue sauce. Preheat the oven and place the English muffins on a lined baking sheet. Spread your favorite pizza sauce on the English muffins and then top them with chopped bbq chicken, sliced mushrooms, spinach and roasted red pepper. Top with some shredded mozzarella and then bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The reason I love this mini pizza recipe is that it's super quick, ridiculously easy and doesn't require a pizza dough. Sure I'll take homemade pizza any day but there are times that you just want something tasty and quick and this English muffin pizza is perfect for those times!
What to serve with English muffin pizza
These healthy English muffin pizzas are perfect for a simple dinner or gathering. You can serve them with different sides like a Mediterranean salad, Garlic cheese bread sticks, or Italian style wedge salad. With a few sides, you can turn these humble mini pizzas into a feast!
When I made these English Muffin Pizzas, they were gone in less than 15 minutes! Be sure you make at least 2 for each person because one would definitely not be enough!
Looking for more party recipes?
Can I freeze English muffin pizza?
English muffin pizzas are very freezer-friendly. All you need to do is to prepare all the pizzas and place them on a baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for about two hours. Then wrap each English muffin pizza individually in a plastic wrap and freeze for up to two months. You can directly bake them in the oven at 400F for about 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizza is heated through.
Want to change things up with your English muffin pizza toppings?
- You can use different types of meat such as salami, beef, roast beef, sausage or pepperoni.
- Use your favorite vegetables like red onion, bell peppers, artichokes, banana peppers and olives.
- I usually use shredded mozzarella cheese but you can also use slices of fresh mozzarella.
- If you're not a pizza/tomato sauce pan, use pesto for this English muffin pizza recipe.
Barbecue Chicken English Muffin Pizza
- 5 English muffins cut into half
- ¾ cup your favorite pizza sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon barbecue spice blend
- ⅓ cup barbecue sauce
- 5-7 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¾ cup roasted bell peppers chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Heat oil in the pan over medium high heat.
- Saute chicken and add barbecue spice. Cover and cook for almost 10 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked. Add in barbecue sauce and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place the English muffins on the sheet and spread some pizza sauce on top of each.
- Top with barbecue chicken, roasted peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.