Raspberry Danish is a simple and easy pastry that you can make in no time with just three simple ingredients. It's great for breakfast or as an afternoon snack!
I love making different recipes with raspberries because they are so versatile. Some of our favorite raspberry recipes are raspberry frozen yogurt barks, rose raspberry party punch and raspberry no bake cheesecake dip. This raspberry danish recipe is a favorite of ours that we can't stop gushing about!
I didn't even know what danish was until Kyle introduced me to it and then I got hooked. This is another example of an "I don't know if this flavor combo would work" type of a situation. But you have to trust your instincts, and at least give it a try - and, in the case of danish, I'm now hooked for life.
Raspberry danish puff pastry
Homemade raspberry jam, sweetened cream cheese and flaky puff pastry, what's not to like about this danish pastry recipe? I love this recipe for raspberry danish for a couple of reasons:
- Simple: This recipe uses very few ingredients and you don't need to be an experienced baker to make these tasty treats.
- Delicious: Homemade raspberry danish is way tastier than store-bought because it's fresh and straight out of the oven. Try these at home once and you'll never go back to the store to get these!
This raspberry cream cheese puff pastry is so perfect for fall with a fresh cup of coffee! Delicate Puff Pastry with sweet cream cheese flavored with cinnamon topped with delicious raspberry jam is such a delicious treat for cool evenings.
Using puff pastry to make danish
I love Puff Pastry because there are just so many things you can do with it, especially for entertaining. Whenever you have people over, you just need to cut a sheet of Puff pastry and fill it with almost anything you like, sweet or savory. The result will always be awesome!
You can find puff pastry in almost any supermarket in the frozen section, close to other frozen desserts. It's common to confuse puff pastry with phyllo dough so take a close look at the packaging before Make sure to let the puff pastry thaw in the fridge before using it. You cannot thaw puff pastry in the oven or microwave, the best way to thaw puff pastry is to let it sit in the fridge for a few hours. There are so many recipes you can make with puff pastry such as blackberry and apple hand pies and berry cheesecake puff pastry tart.
How to make raspberry danish pastry
To make these delicious raspberry danishes you need to make a cream cheese filling that's soft and easy to spread. After that, place the cream cheese at room temperature for 10 minutes so it's easy to stir. Once the cream cheese is soft, add in some powdered sugar and cinnamon. This will give a nice and light fall flavor to the danish without taking away the classic flavor.
Next comes the fun part, playing with Puff Pastry. Cut the Puff Pastry Sheets into squares and then cut each corner towards the center, stop at one inch from the center. You will have the corners cut in half, fold 4 of the half corners inside and brush the top some whisked egg. Top with cinnamon cream cheese and raspberry jam. Super easy and simple, but very impressive!
Looking for more delicious treats?
- 2 sheets Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry thawed
- 1 Egg Whisked
- 4 oz Cream Cheese Softened at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ⅓ cup Raspberry Jam
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the Puff Pastry Sheets into squares and then cut each corner towards the center, stop at one inch from the center. You will have the corners cut in half, fold 4 of the half corners inside.
- Brush the Puff Pastry pinwheels with whisked egg,. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, powdered sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Put a little bit on each pinwheel.
- Top with raspberry jam. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve immediately.