S’mores are delicious in any shape or form. Make this super easy S’mores Galette with graham cracker crust and enjoy a wonderful summer!
Confession: I’ve never had s’mores in my life.
Second confession: I’m so in love with them now!
But there is no blame on me, I’m from that part of the world that s’mores didn’t really reach, and in that part we have desserts like these gorgeous rosettes or this pudding. Plus our family (I’m looking at you, my better half) prefers fruity desserts like this unicorn blueberry pie or these strawberry cheesecake cupcakes.
Until I figured out that we are both in love with s’more.
That graham cracker crust, hugging delicious dark chocolate in it (which is melted and that’s even better), topped with ooey gooey marshmallows, all in one bite. S’mores, where have you been all my life?
So how did we figure that out? If you have been following this small blog of mine, you know that me and some of my blogger friends have a Yum of the Month challenge every month. We decide on a theme and make something delicious according to it. Last month I made this Baked french toast with berry compote and for June, we decided to make Galettes and that was the time I decided to make s’mores galette just because I wanted to know “What’s all the fuss about s’more in here?”
Well, look at the photo below. Then, if you’re not already a s’mores fan, you will be.
What is different about this s’mores galette? The crust. It has ground graham crackers in it which actually makes working with the dough easier. Then, for the filling, there is a layer of graham crackers at the bottom to give it a better texture and make a great bite of all three layers of happiness.
Is it too obvious that I’m obsessed with s’mores?
I can’t stop coming up with ideas for s’mores recipes so probably you are going to see a s’mores festival here in Unicorns in the Kitchen!
Looking for more summer deliciousness?
- Three Layered Smoothie
- trawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake
- No Bake Chocolate Cream Pie
- Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownies
- 4 graham crackers
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 stick unsalted butter cubed and frozen
- 4 - 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 graham crackers
- 8 oz dark chocolate I used Hershey's, broken into pieces
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 egg for egg wash
- 2 tablespoons sugar to top
- Using a food processor or even a blender, crumb the graham crackers finely so they are completely ground. Mix them with all purpose flour and add the frozen butter cubes.Using your fingers, mix the butter and flour mixture together until resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Add in water one spoon at a time and bring the mixture together to form a smooth ball of dough. Shape it into a disk and wrap it in a plastic wrap. Chill it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper.
- Coat the surface lightly with flour and roll out the dough to a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar on the crust. Break the graham crackers into small pieces and place them on the crust, leaving 2 inch around the edge. Top with half of the dark chocolate.
- Fold the edges up and crease and overlap the crust so it sticks together. beat the egg and brush the edges with egg. Sprinkle sugar generously on the edges.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes until the crust is golden and cooked.
- Place the remaining chocolate on the galette and top with marshmallows. Turn the broiler on and broil for 3-5 minutes until marshmallows are roasted as you like them.
- Let the galette cool for 5 minutes and then cut it.