Honey Butter Carrots are the perfect side dish for any dinner table. These carrots are flavored with cinnamon and warm spices, perfect for any occasion!
It's all about flavorful side dishes this time of year, am I right? Cinnamon, cloves, all spice, I love all the spices in fall!
Are you also all crazy about spices? I love how magical and unique each recipe is. Each spice gives so much flavor and character to each dish that is totally irreplaceable.
These honey butter carrots are one of my very favorite side dishes to serve in fall especially for Thanksgiving dinner. The recipe is so simple and quick to put together and will bring a nice sweet flavor to the table.
In this honey butter carrots recipe, cinnamon, all spice and cloves go so well together and they're all kissed by orange zest which gives a nice tang to the final dish.
Honey butter carrots are best served right away so I suggest you make them 30-40 minutes before serving the meal. And Be generous with the glaze as all the flavors are nested in the glaze and you don't want to miss that!
It's totally up to you how much you want to cook the carrots. I usually prefer the to be a little crispy in the middle and soft on the out side. Also, to speed up the cooking time, you can steam the carrots before hand and add them to the glaze and then cook them for 10-15 minutes.
Notes and tips to make honey butter carrots:
- Try to choose carrots with the same thickness and length so they cook evenly.
- You can use maple syrup instead of honey or a combination of both.
- Want to try this recipe in the oven? Mix everything in an oven safe dish and bake at 375F for 30-40 minutes.
- This dish is best served right away.
- You can also add cardamom pods for a new layer of flavor.
Looking for more tasty side dishes?
- GARLIC BUTTER MASHED POTATOES
- EASY HOMEMADE STUFFING WITH MUSHROOMS
- HOMEMADE CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
- ROSEMARY CHEDDAR CORNBREAD
- SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE WITH MARSHMALLOWS AND PECANS
Honey Butter Carrots
- 1 lb Carrots
- 4 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp All Spice
- 5 Cloves
- 2 teaspoon Orange Zest
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- ¾ cup Water
- Wash and dry carrots, set aside.
- Place a pan over medium heat, melt butter in the pan.
- Add carrots to the pan. Stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Add cinnamon, all spice and cloves. Stir well.
- Mix in orange zest and brown sugar.
- Add in honey and water. Stir well, set the heat to medium high and bring it to simmer. Cook until the glaze is thickened and the carrots are a little soft on the outside.
- Serve warm with the glaze drizzle on the carrots.