This Pecan Pie Cake Recipe is one you will want to print and save. This delicious cake is topped with chopped pecans and drizzled with pure maple syrup.
A new way to enjoy fall and Thanksgiving season, this pecan pie cake recipe is one you don't want to miss!
Fall is pie season, for sure, but which one's your favorite? Apple, pecan, or pumpkin? I've seen many people whose all time favorite pie is pecan pie and, honestly. it's not a surprise. After all, we're talking about tons of pecan with a delicious, sweet filling.
For me, on the other hand, the variations of pecan pie such as pecan pie bars or pecan pie cakes are more interesting than pecan pie itself. This pecan pie cake recipe is one that I love making for dessert in chilly weather.
This pecan pie cake recipe is pretty simple and basic. It doesn't require any special skills and you don't need to be a professional baker to be able to make this. As long as you can crack eggs and mix things using a whisk or an electric mixer, you're good to go.
I love having a slice of this cake with warm maple syrup in the evening with some tea. How about you?
Notes and tips for pecan pie cake recipe:
- Have the eggs at room temperature for best results.
- For this recipe you can use vegetable oil, baking olive oil or melted coconut oil based on your preference.
- I love adding some extra pure maple syrup to each slice too. I usually heat maple syrup until it's warm and then drizzle it on the slice of cake, super moist and sweet.
- If you prefer, you can use warm honey instead of maple syrup.
- Plain yogurt or non dairy yogurt would work just as well in this recipe.
Looking for more Pumpkin deliciousness?
- PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE
- HEALTHY BAKED PUMPKIN DONUTS
- PUMPKIN PIE BROWNIES
- Crustless Pumpkin Pie Recipe
Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest for more food goodness!
Pecan Pie Cake Recipe
- 1 ½ cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- ¾ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Pecan Chopped
- ½ cup Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8X8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and granulated sugar using an electric mixer. Beat until it's light and foamy.
- Add in vegetable oil, Greek yogurt and vanilla. Mix well until fully incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt mix to the wet ingredients and mix well. It's ok if there are a few lumps left.
- Pour the batter into the pan, tap the pan on the counter a couple of times so the air gets out.
- Top the batter with chopped pecans. Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the maple syrup in a sauce pan or in the microwave.
- Poke some holes in the cake using a toothpick. Drizzle with warm maple syrup and let the cake soak the syrup.
- Cut into nine pieces and serve warm wit extra maple syrup.
This is beautiful. And delicious. There's nothing about this pecan pie cake that I don't love, actually!
Thank you so much! It's difficult to stop eating after one slice!