These Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars is so simple and easy to make. Buttery graham crackers crust topped with luscious pumpkin cheesecake is perfect!
Ready for all the pumpkin recipes? Whether you’re craving pumpkin banana bread, pumpkin pie brownies or pumpkin bread pudding, I’ve got you covered! These pumpkin cheesecake bars are perfect fall dessert and are packed with fall flavors.
Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake
If you’re looking for an easy pumpkin recipe that is not pumpkin pie or pumpkin cake, this is it. This easy pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe is absolutely perfect for fall and pumpkin season. It’s super simple, super tasty and you will always go back for seconds. Let’s dig into the details and see how to make cheesecake with pumpkin puree.
This is probably the best pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe out there, it’s creamy and sweet, with a delicious graham crackers crust and so much crumble on top, baked to perfection. It’s best to make this pumpkin cheesecake a few hours or a day before serving so it sets before you slice it.
These pumpkin cheesecake bars have three layers:
- The graham cracker crust which is the bottom layer. The classic combination of graham crackers and melted butter is perfect for any cheesecake bar recipe.
- The pumpkin cheesecake layer where all the deliciousness lies. This creamy cheesecake layer is made with cream cheese and pumpkin puree and is really creamy and velvety.
- Last but definitely not least, the strudel crumble topping which makes these pumpkin cream cheese bars ten time more delicious!
What is special about this pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe?
It’s a very simple, straight forward recipe that everyone can make. This cheesecake has three layers: the basic graham crackers crust layer, the luscious cheesecake layer filled with cream cheese and pumpkin, and of course, the crumble. You can make these layers in no time and let the pumpkin cheesecake set in the fridge.
Now I know all of us are crazy about crumble but I know there are people out there who would prefer not to have crumble on their cheesecake. If you’re not a fan of crumbles, just simply leave that part of the recipe out. It’s going to be just as perfect.
How to make pumpkin cheesecake bars
Start with the graham cracker crust. You can use either classic graham crackers or chocolate graham crackers. As the graham cracker crust is being set in the freezer, make the pumpkin cheesecake filling by mixing pumpkin puree, cream cheese, sugar and eggs. Pour this cheesecake filling on the graham cracker crust.
Make the strudel topping in a small bowl and sprinkle it all over the cheesecake and then bake it for 30-40 minutes until the center is a little bit jiggly.
Then comes the difficult task of refrigerating these pumpkin cheesecake bars for three to four hours until they are completely set and ready. Once you’re ready to cut them, use a sharp knife and cut them into 9 or 16 pieces. These pumpkin cheesecake bars with graham crackers crust would be perfect for your parties and gatherings.
Fresh or canned pumpkin puree?
Like pumpkin pancakes and pumpkin donuts, it’s best to use canned pumpkin puree to make this pumpkin cheesecake. The advantage of using canned pumpkin puree is that it’s creamier, thicker and of course, quicker. Canned pumpkin contains less water which gives this cheesecake a beautiful creamy texture. Homemade pumpkin puree usually contains more water which might alter the texture of the cheesecake.
More Pumpkin Recipes:
Notes and tips for pumpkin cheesecake bars recipe:
- You can use a food processor to make graham crackers crust. Or you can break them into pieces, put them in a ziplock bag and seal the bag fully. Then using a rolling pin, roll over the crackers until you have perfect crumbs. You can of course, use a store bought graham crackers crust.
- It’s best to have the cream cheese at room temperature. This will make the cream cheese soft and easy to work with.
- Have the eggs at room temperature, too. Room temperature eggs blend much easier and smoother with cream cheese.
- This cheesecake is mildly sweet. If you like your cheesecake to be sweeter, increase the amount of white sugar from 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup.
- This cheesecake is best to be served after 4-5 hours of chilling in the fridge. This will give enough time to the cheesecake to set and you will have clean slices.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe
This Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars Recipe is so simple and easy to follow. Buttery graham crackers crust topped with luscious pumpkin cheesecake is perfect!
Graham Crackers Crust:
- 10 Graham Crackers Crushed Finely
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter Melted
- 1 tbsp Granulated Sugar
Pumpkin Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 oz Cream Cheese Room Temperature
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Eggs Room Temperature
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 5 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
Graham Crackers Crust:
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line an 8X8 baking dish with parchment paper.
Mix graham crackers and butter in a bowl, press in at the bottom of the baking dish using a measuring cup. Place the baking dish in the freezer for 10 minutes so it sets.
While the crust is in the freezer, make the cheesecake filling:
In a bowl, mix cream cheese and sugar using an electric mixer.
Add in pumpkin pie spice and mix well. Add in the eggs, mix well after each.
Mix in the pumpkin puree. Make sure the mixture is even and smooth.
Place the flour and sugar in a bowl. Whisk until fully incorporated.
Add in butter and using a fork or the tip of your fingers, rub it into the flour mixture until you have crumbles.
Take the graham crackers crust out of the freezer, Pour the cheesecake filling on the crust.
Sprinkle the crumbles on top of the cheesecake.
Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until only the center is a little bit jiggly.
Take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it cool in the room temperature.
Once fully cool, place the cheesecake in the fridge and let it chill for at least 3-4 hours.
Slices and serve.
- If you are not a fan of crumbles, leave them out. You can pour the cream cheese mixture on the crust and then bake it in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the center is a little bit jiggly. Then follow the rest of the steps.
- You can also use a store bought graham crackers crust and make this cheesecake in a round shape and cut into slices.