Thanksgiving Sandwich with the Moist Maker is a great way to use up all those leftovers from Thanksgiving. This Thanksgiving sandwich recipe is easy and super delicious!
We have great Thanksgiving recipes on the blog such as Persian spiced turkey, sweet potato casserole, the best homemade cranberry sauce ever, and triple cheese mashed potatoes. And, more delicious recipes are on the way!
Once we start October, we’ll hit Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas in the blink of an eye, so I think it’s time to get ready! Once Thanksgiving is over, it’s leftovers time! I can’t wait to start playing with the turkey leftovers and Ross Geller’s Thanksgiving sandwich is at the top of my list!
The best ever Thanksgiving leftover sandwich
Thanksgiving is all about the leftovers right? In our family, we always make extra food for Thanksgiving so we can actually have leftovers to make turkey sandwiches with stuffing and cranberry sauce. One bite into this sandwich and you’ll feel like you’re having a Thanksgiving dinner all over again.
I’m so excited to share this Thanksgiving turkey sandwich recipe with you and honestly I’m mostly sharing it because of the amount of love I have for Friends because this is really not a difficult sandwich to make. But it’s very important to Ross. Because, as we all know, he was going through so much: he’s got divorced for the second time, he didn’t have a place to live, and this sandwich was the only good thing going on in his life:
What goes into a Thanksgiving Sandwich?
Ross Geller’s sandwich is no joke. It has everything on a classic Thanksgiving menu in form of a sandwich including:
- Turkey leftovers
- Cranberry Sauce
- Mashed potatoes if available
What’s the secret to a great Thanksgiving sandwich recipe?
First of all, layers. You should layer the ingredients in a way that they make sense: Turkey with gravy and stuffing with cranberry sauce. And if you have some mashed potatoes left, throw that in as well.
And of course, who can ever forget: THE MOIST MAKER. This is what makes Ross Geller’s Thanksgiving sandwich worth everything he went through. We all love Thanksgiving sandwich with the moist maker and keep making it every year with the leftovers and I bet you’ll love it as well!
But, what is a moist maker?
The moist make is an extra layer in the middle of a Thanksgiving sandwich. It’s a piece of bread that is soaked in gravy to absorb all the flavor. The moist maker brings the whole sandwich together and gives flavor to all the layers in every bite.
How to make a Thanksgiving leftover sandwich
Basically, this is how I make Ross’s Thanksgiving sandwich with the moist maker:
- Spread mayonnaise on a piece of bread. I prefer whole wheat or sour dough but white bread would work too.
- Top it with some greens (if desired)
- Add thick slices of turkey.
- Dip a piece of bread in gravy and place it on the turkey, this is the moist maker.
- Top the moist maker with some stuffing.
- Add cranberry sauce.
- Top with another piece of bread spread with mayonnaise.
The amount of stuffing and cranberry sauce really depends on how you would like your sandwich to taste. But make sure you have a good moist maker in the middle of the sandwich!
Ross Geller’s Thanksgiving Sandwich with the Moist Maker
- 3 slices Sandwich Bread I used multi grain
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Greens
- 1/2 cup Leftover turkey
- 1 cup Gravy
- 1/2 cup Stuffing
- 3 tbsp Cranberry Sauce
- Spread mayonnaise on two pieces of bread and soak the third piece in gravy.
- Spread some mayonnaise on a slice of bread and place it on a serving plate.
- Add greens to the sandwich and top them with some sliced turkey.
- Dip the second piece of bread in some gravy and make sure it's completely moist.
- Place the moist piece of bread on the turkey slices.
- Put stuffing on the moist maker and top it with cranberry sauce.
- Spread some mayonnaise on the third piece of bread and place it on the sandwich.
- Serve right away.