Triple cheese mashed potatoes is the ultimate comfort food! The name says it all: three different types of cheese! Pair it with some delicious tilapia and you have a whole meal in no time.
Mashed potatoes are so delicious on their own. But if you have cheese, do yourself a favor and add some to your potatoes!
Less than a week to Thanksgiving! I just pre-ordered my turkey. It was a bit more expensive than waiting to the last minute, but I just couldn’t go with the stress of whether or not I will be able to find a turkey the day before Thanksgiving. Especially with all the work and all the other food that I’m supposed to make, I can’t afford being stressed about the possibility of celebrating Thanksgiving without turkey!
It’s going to be a busy week. My friend Zeinab is visiting us and she will be here until Thanksgiving, yay! We are going to visit different places in Boston and enjoy our time, which means I won’t be having time to cook up a storm everyday.
But there are ways to still have delicious food even if you don’t have much time, and no I’m taking about take-out or my favorite pizza place (Do I even have a favorite pizza place in Boston?)
I’m talking about Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil which literally takes 18 minutes from freezer to plate! Each Bumble Bee SuperFresh® box comes with parchment papers. All you have to do is to take the fish out of it’s pack, place it on the parchment paper, wrap it and fold the parchment paper around it, place it on a baking sheet and cook it in the oven for 18 minutes.
Then you will have a perfectly cooked piece of tilapila that is juicy and has the delicious flavor of garlic and olive oil. Never has it been so easy and delicious to enjoy a delicious premium tilapia fillet! Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia has ground black pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and extra olive oil – making every flaky bite fantastic!
And it goes so well with a side of triple cheese mashed potatoes!
Making mashed potatoes is something that I bet most of us know and each of us probably has our own way of doing it. This is how I make mine:
- Boil peeled potatoes until completely cooked and tender.
- Mash them with butter in a food processor (I think using a food processor makes it sticky and creamy)
- Put it back on the heat and add milk, stir until mixed and ready.
- Season with salt and pepper.
But this time, I’ve also added mozarella, parmesan and cheddar. Can’t really go wrong, right?
I topped the triple cheese mashed potatoes with rosemary and thyme. The aroma and flavor combined with the triple cheese mashed potatoes are beyond imagination. Let me know how you make your mashed potatoes, I would love to see new combinations!
Triple Cheese Mashed Potatoes with Tilapia
- 5 potatoes peeled and halved
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring a big pot of water to boil. Boil potatoes until tender and cooked.
- Drain and our some cold water over the cooked potatoes.
- Place them in batches in the food processor and add butter. Mash them until completely creamy.
- Put the mashed potatoes back in the pot and place over medium heat. Add milk and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add all three types of cheese and stir until they are melted and heated through. Add salt and pepper.
- Prepare Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia according to the packaging and serve with triple mashed potatoes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.