Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup is the ultimate comfort food for any day of the week! It’s so easy to make and is packed with flavors!
Yes, I’m already ready for fall and comfort food!
This post in written in partnership with Rojo’s. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Unicorns in the Kitchen. As always, all opinions are mine.
I’m a soup lover and any day of the week, if I’m offered soup, I’ll take it and eat it all with a happy face. It’s easy to make, and it’s full of delicious flavors. What’s not to like? Today, I’m going to show you one of my favorites, slow cooker chicken tortilla soup!
This soup is made with a handful of ingredients and pairs well with a delicious dip!
To make this easy slow cooker chicken tortilla soup:
- Place chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover them with spices.
- Add in the veggies, canned tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken, add in black beans and cook for 30 more minutes.
- Enjoy with all the fixings and a delicious dip!
I paired the soup with Rojo’s Black Bean, Corn & Chorizo 5 layer dip and we loved it! Rojo’s offers a complete line of fresh, restaurant-quality salsas and dips in several delicious flavors, including a new Black Bean, Corn & Chorizo 5-Layer Dip. The new Rojo’s Black Bean, Corn & Chorizo 5-Layer Dip features quality ingredients, satisfying the need for both grab-and-go convenience and great taste which is perfect for summer entertaining.
This dip is gluten-free and stacked with five delicious layers: protein-packed black beans, Rojo’s signature fresh corn, chili and black bean salsa, hearty chorizo queso, rich sour cream, and sharp cheddar cheese.
This slow cooker chicken tortilla soup is also great for fall and winter especially when you make it the night before. I love waking up to the delicious smell of soup that has been cooked all night. so good for a rainy day!
What I love about Rojo’s products is that they’re made in small batches using premium, fresh cut ingredients in order to deliver great, homemade taste and freshness. That’s why I love having Rojo’s with homemade chicken tortilla soup.
Tips and notes about making slow cooker tortilla soup:
- Definitely de-seed the jalapenos because they’re too hot. Wash your hands thoroughly after touching jalapenos.
- I topped the soup with shredded cheddar. You could also use a Mexican blend.
- Adding a can of corn will add extra flavor.
- If you don’t have tomato paste, add 1 cup of salsa for color and flavor.
- You can use chicken stock instead of water.
Looking for more comfort food?
- Saffron Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
- Turmeric Ginger Red Lentil Soup
- One Pan Jambalaya Pasta
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken Taco Rice
- Chicken Chorizo Rice Skillet
You can find Rojo’s in the refrigerated section of major grocery retailers nationwide, including Sam’s Club. I bet you’ll love this dip as much as we do!
Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 whole chicken breast bones and skin off
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 5 cups water
- 1 can black beans
- 1 tsp salt
- Shredded cheddar
- Sliced jalapenos
- Sour cream
Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker.
Sprinkle paprika and cumin on the chicken breast.
Add garlic, onion, red bell pepper, diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
Add in diced jalapeno and water.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.5 hours.
Take the chicken breast out and shred it. Add it back to the slow cooker.
Add in black beans. Cook for another 30 minutes.
Top with shredded cheddar, sliced jalapenos, sour cream and lime. Serve warm with Rojo's Black Bean, Corn & Chorizo 5-Layer Dip.