Chicken Tacos are just so easy and fun to make. Well at least for me because food in my country is just more complicated, needs a lot of time to prepare and loads and loads of love put into it. I can’t wait to post some Iranian food recipes here too but I’m patiently waiting to see my mom again and have her cook the food and I will post her recipes here because she is simply the best cook in the world!
As I said chicken tacos are really easy and everyone likes them. We like them with soft tortillas and cubed chicken pieces, Kyle is not a big fan of tacos with ground meat so we just don’t make them with ground meat very often. For cheese, we normally put only cheddar, but this time we had a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar left so we used that and it was just as good, well maybe a bit better.
Start with heating some olive oil in a pan. Add diced onion and sauté until translucent. Add peppers and sauté for couple minutes. Put onions and peppers in a plate and set aside. Cook chicken pieces in the same pan until fully cooked about 8-10 minutes. Add vegetables to the chicken and mix well, add taco spice and some salt and sauté for 5 minutes until everything is fully combined and has the taste of the spice.
I like to reheat tortillas in a pan to give them a little crisp before making the tacos. So if you like to do that, get another pan and heat it on medium heat, put one tortilla at a time and heat each side for 1 minute.
Put the tortilla on the plate, start with guacamole, then some salsa and sour cream. Add chicken mixture and at last your cheese. Voilà! It’s taco time!
Spicy chicken Tacos
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ chicken breast – cut into pieces
- 1 small onion - diced
- 1 red bell pepper - julienned
- 1 ½ tsp taco spice
- 1 cup guacamole
- 2 tbsp. salsa
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- Heat olive oil in a pan, sauté onion until translucent.
- Add peppers and sauté for 2 minutes, take the vegetables into a plate and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the chicken pieces until fully cooked about 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked vegetables to the chicken and add taco spice.
- Mix everything and cook for 10 minutes until chicken and veggies have the taste of the spice.
- Heat the tortillas in a pan. 1 minute each side.
- Place tortillas in a plate, spread half of the guacamole on each.
- Add salsa and sour cream.
- Add half of chicken mixture on each.
- Add cheese on top.
- Serve immediately.